Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego Sites

Whilst failing to control what seems to be a growing Lego addiction I stumbled across this site: www.rebrickable.com

Couldn't find any links to it on here so thought I'd post it.

Essentially you can create a profile and enter your children's (YOUR) lego kit numbers (or even just what blocks you have) and it will tell you what you can build, either from other sets or from custom sets that people have submitted. It also has an excellent feature where it will price up what you are missing and link to a few stores to tell you which set would complete your kit or you can buy pieces seperately.

Nice!

My sons 6th birthday is on the 17th. I know what I'm getting him/me.

A great idea, but I usually buy job lots of Duplo off eBay.

Last night, my son and I built a boat for Trixie the triceratops and Sully to ride on in the bath.

They're all currently sat in a bowl of Milton after he produced a chod the size of his arm. :/

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      A great idea, but I usually buy job lots of Duplo off eBay.

Last night, my son and I built a boat for Trixie the triceratops and Sully to ride on in the bath.

They're all currently sat in a bowl of Milton after he produced a chod the size of his arm. :/
      classic.

Comment

I absolutely love Lego. Something very satisfying building a model or building from bricks, it's a very tactile activity. I just wish I could justify spending big money on the bigger kits. I would truly love the Super Star Destroyer but at ?300 my mrs would kill me.

Comment

NeoGaf have quite a vibrant community of Lego builders. They also do build moc comps too.

Appropriate link below ...

Comment

Lego is awesome, I'd love to buy loads and loads, but I don't want to become a weirdo that has a room dedicated to it.

Comment

Also a coke habit would be cheaper.

I adore Lego. I find it very therapeutic. After a long day of making decision after decision, there's something so calming about breaking open the bags of Lego and just following the instructions page by page. No decisions. You just do what you're told. It's probably my version of dominance S&M games. Or knitting. It's very soothing and there's a real sense of achievement at the end.

The Monster Fighters sets from last year were amazing. The Haunted house is easily my favourite ever Lego set.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                NeoGaf have quite a vibrant community of Lego builders. They also do build moc comps too.

Appropriate link below ...

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=691273
                Love the massive guide on the Lego brick separator.. We've got one and it's well worth the money - in dentist bill savings alone.

Comment

We bought some of these for the yung uns today http://www.lego.com/en-gb/mixels?icmp=COUKFR11Mixels they were quite good value at ?3 each.

Comment

Latest Build.

Race Car (60053).

Thought I would try and take an arty photo, but seeing as I don't have the appropriate skills or kit, this was the best I could do.

The Spoiler on the back is adjustable.

Comment

I considered buying that one yesterday, but we're decorating the little one's bedroom next month and I couldn't justify it.

I have loads of Lego from when I was a kid, but have lost most of the instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                        I considered buying that one yesterday, but we're decorating the little one's bedroom next month and I couldn't justify it.

I have loads of Lego from when I was a kid, but have lost most of the instructions.
                        If you go here http://rebrickable.com/

I think you can search for particular sets and they have the instructions. You can even log what bricks you have and it will tell you what you can build

Comment

Here's a book where you can build your own out of bricks you may have, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Build-Your-O.../dp/386852777X

Comment

A few of my own...

Comment

^ What a git!

I spent ages trying to come up with something half decent and then you come along like some type of Master of the Macabre with black and white shots and fog?! Gahhh!!!

Do like that lighthouse, can't say I've seen that kit before. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X