No announcement yet.

Should I pour some love onto those dodgy Chinese Android handhelds [JXD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wowsers! Indeed it does, it’s like a souped up Pandora.

Anyone got one as I imagine they’d get red hot with that much grunt packed into a small chassis.

Comment

It's nice but... for what most people will use it for the Switch has made this pretty obsolete. It's impressive it can get Farc Cry 5 running but I wouldn't want to play it at that quality, especially considering the price tag.

Comment

The New Auspicious Machine Is A Gaming Handheld Inspired By The Blackberry

"If the Blackberry and the Game Boy had a baby, it might look something like the new Auspicious Machine, a game focused handheld device coming from China.

The new handheld was announced just last week on Chinese social media. So this one is very much locked behind language barriers. It took quite a lot of Google Translate to dig into the details of this one.

But what we can tell is that a new solo developer by the name of Fugui plans to launch the Auspicious Machine very soon.

So let’s take a look at see why this might make for one of the most unique gaming devices to come out in 2023.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect to this new handheld is the physical keyboard that gives all of the Blackberry vibes. Intentionally, of course. They mention it in their announcement.

Whether that keyboard would benefit a retro game handheld or not is to be debated. But it’s interesting, nonetheless.

The Auspicious Machine is said to be Linux-based. We can expect a similar experience as many other Linux-based handhelds like the Anbernic RG353M or the Powkiddy RGB20S.

The screen is a 3.5 inch 4:3 640×480 screen, which we happen to believe is the best fit for retro gaming."

Comment

Perfect for, uh, Infocom games?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Perfect for, uh, Infocom games?
            I reckon Missile Command would be ace with that Blackberry trackball!

Comment

Not gonna lie...for one moment I thought that the d1ckhead OP had resurfaced on this forum until I realised it was just his thread bouncing (something I've obviously now contributed to with this post - d'oh!).

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I reckon Missile Command would be ace with that Blackberry trackball!
                That's a very good point...potentially also a definitive way to play Marble Madness and SegaSonic the Hedgehog

Comment

Why didn't someone make a handheld GX4000?

Comment

Working...
                  X