Should I pour some love onto those dodgy Chinese Android handhelds [JXD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I pour some love onto those dodgy Chinese Android handhelds [JXD]

Alright, stop, collaborate or get fisted - Have you seen this new brand new investment:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

I haven't been keeping up with dodgy Chinese Android handhelds but the other day this was bought to my attention.

was the only sensible reaction, this damn thing here is emulating (perfectly, it seems) a DREAMCAST. Why aren't people hailing this from the rooftops? Has anyone on here got one? Am I being sold a dream or is it as real as it seems?

The video is taken from a JXD S7300b which is a dual core machine and apparently there's a new quad core S7800b available now as well so one can only imagine how the DC runs on there.

Surely this means that it must be able to emulate the Amiga?

Has anyone on here got one?

Cheers
    Last edited by charlesr; 13-03-2014, 08:51.

There's a couple of people here who have these. I believe the biggest problem is the physical controls on the device feel cheap, and the devices are generally not supported with new Android updates. Otherwise, they seem to do the job fine.

Comment

If you do buy one, do let us know. The Amazon reviews vary pretty wildly, and that black 7300 model seems pretty tasty if it can indeed play Project Justice on the move.

Comment

Yeah, keep us updated.

I really love my Xperia Play, but I would like something faster.

The only viable 'phone' with android controls appears to be this one at the moment. It has very decent reviews. But you have to hold it like an n-gage.....not good.

Take a look here; http://www.jxd.hk/products.asp?selec...009006&clsid=3

I can't be bothered with gaming tablets, I need a phone in there too.

Comment

Loads of these on dx.com http://dx.com/s/android+gaming
          This one has dual sim: http://dx.com/p/jxd-s5800-5-quad-cor...6#.UyGBBYXZIk0
          No reviews for most though.

Comment

That's what putting me off - the reviews are all over the place. Some says its the best most perfect thing they've ever seen and others say that its just crap and gimmicky hence why I'd prefer a real world opinion from a forum member before splashing the cash on one.

The Nvidia Shield also looks good but its double the price.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
              That's what putting me off - the reviews are all over the place. Some says its the best most perfect thing they've ever seen and others say that its just crap and gimmicky hence why I'd prefer a real world opinion from a forum member before splashing the cash on one.

The Nvidia Shield also looks good but its double the price.
              Can't recommend the Shield. The build quality is certainly solid and it's a nice little machine, but its primary purpose in life is to stream PC games from nVidia card desktop PCs, and it seems a bit expensive for what it is.

Comment

There have been more high profile dedicated gaming devices the Nvidia shield http://shield.nvidia.com/ is supposed to be an absolute beast of a machine but isn't currently available in the uk, yes its can stream from your PC but its also the most powerful android device out there and not that expensive at $250.

archos do a gamepad style tablet which ive seen about for a very cheap price this is supposed to be a bit underpowered though might do well for emus

Any android tablet should be able to run the DC emu if its got the power, i picked up a 7inch Tegra Note which is made by Nvida, runs stock android and seems really well supported (just got my update to kitkat). its a quad core tablet and is available around the ?100 mark.

Adding a Moga controller gives me a little portable emu/android machine. Yes its not gonna be much use on the bus train but i really don't use public transport.

The tablet has a Micro hdmi out and my TV dose screen mirroring too so i can either set it up on the TV or use the the tablet stand to play it on a lunch time at my desk. its a powerfull little beast too and seems to run most things with ease too.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 13-03-2014, 10:31.

Comment

There were some discussions regarding older iterations of the hardware here https://www.bordersdown.net/threads/...roid-handhelds

Of course, it looks like they're all quad core now, and thus much more powerful that the previous models discussed.

Comment

Of these are android emus then surely they'll work on things like ouya as well? Plus you could link up a dual shock 3 to it?

Comment

Thanks folks, therein lies the contradiction - When I last looked at these handhelds they all performed like crap, yet some vids on the tube show them with perfect high end emulation. I checked out the Ouya and the video shows flaws on all DC games.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                        Of these are android emus then surely they'll work on things like ouya as well? Plus you could link up a dual shock 3 to it?
                        You can link up a DS3 to most Android phones, did it with my Note, works great, though you do have to buy an app for a quid I think it was. Oh and you need a rooted phone I think.

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
                          I really love my Xperia Play, but I would like something faster.
                          You can overclock the Xperia Play. up to 1.4 or 1.5X pretty safely. As safely as overclocking goes anyway.

Some of those images are such blatant PSP/Vita rip-offs design and interface wise.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                            You can overclock the Xperia Play. up to 1.4 or 1.5X pretty safely. As safely as overclocking goes anyway.

Some of those images are such blatant PSP/Vita rip-offs design and interface wise.
                            Yeah, I do all that mate, along with 100's of custom roms and stuff I've played around with.

When you compare it to some of the latest stuff though, it's just painfully slow. It's all relative though, I'd be happy with it if I didn't know there was anything better.

I just can't give up gaming control though.

Comment

Know what you mean re physical controls. Think the Play is a single core 1.0Ghz processor, which was fine three years ago. Times and technology have changed so much since then, shame they never brought out a newer model.

Comment

Working...
                              X