• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheelie or Kickstart

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post

Cull: Assassins Creed

For me this series represents everything that's wrong with modern gaming. Bloated game world full of poorly conceived tedious quests to give the impression of value mixed with terrible combat and woefully dated AI.

So so boring.
      Fully agreed. Batman Arkham City is much the same. They aren't bad, just dull considering what you are meant to be doing.

I would love to see a remake or update of Onimusha. Loved the visual style and setting plus it has good combat and great audio. I miss games like that. Now they seem to be open ended but in reality there is little worth actually doing.

Culled?
      I would like to see the end of bloated stories in games, especially RPG's. Xenoblade ran at least 20 hours over and Bravely Default might as well be travelling in reverse. I'm sick of this perceived value that longer games are better than shorter ones. Plots just do no need dragging out excessively.
      Older Final Fantasy games took around 30 - 40 hours max with plenty of things going on. Tough sidequests pushed the time to well over 70 hours. Nowadays you are looking at 200 hours to do oodles of worthless quests in most games and it's dull and detracts from the overall experience because development time should do into the main games.

Comment

Use the Ubi Art engine to update classic 2d games.
        Stuff like Streets of Rage, Bubble Bobble, Darius, Snow Bros, Rod Land, Tumblepop, Myth, Wizball, Gunstar Heroes, Alex Kidd, Puggsy and The Ninja.
        In fact pretty much any decent game from the 80's or 90's should be given a glorious 1080p vector art makeover.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          Use the Ubi Art engine to update classic 2d games.
          Stuff like Streets of Rage, Bubble Bobble, Darius, Snow Bros, Rod Land, Tumblepop, Myth, Wizball, Gunstar Heroes, Alex Kidd, Puggsy and The Ninja.
          In fact pretty much any decent game from the 80's or 90's should be given a glorious 1080p vector art makeover.
          What would be the point of Bubble Bobble? One of the best two player games ever, plays like perfection even now and the graphics being polished wouldn't add anything would it?

Comment

Personally would like to see Virtua racing and Continental Circus being given a 1080P 3D makeover and Unreal Tournament.

Comment

Assassins Creed is probably good but I can't keep up. I played the first, I was going to get the second until I saw the 'always online' requirement then I never bothered again. They simply released them too quick and the plot... I wold have zero idea what the **** was going on if I bought the new one I'm sure based on what others have said.

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              MechWarrior. A proper single-player MechWarrior where you can play as a Clanner.
              Man, wasn't there a trailer awhile back for a Mechwarrior game where the guy needed a parachute to exit the mech? - I defo remember seeing this!

Cull:

Resident Evil

Haven't played 6 but at this point I don't have to. It looks genuinely ****e and bares zero resemble other than name to the previous games.

Comment

Pilotwings - N64 style, NOT 3DS style. Would love some new islands to explore, missions to chip away at, and elevator music to relax to.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                  What would be the point of Bubble Bobble? One of the best two player games ever, plays like perfection even now and the graphics being polished wouldn't add anything would it?
                  Amen brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                    I agree the game is pretty much perfect but a makeover might get a whole new generation into the game. I get apprentices at work who turn their noses up at old games (and films) because of the "poor" graphics.

Comment

I agree the game is pretty much perfect but a makeover might get a whole new generation into the game. I get apprentices at work who turn their noses up at old games (and films) because of the "poor" graphics.
                      It's the most requested game at my house by my daughter she loves playing it on my arcade machine and she's 13, it's charming as it is. Philistines lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Man, wasn't there a trailer awhile back for a Mechwarrior game where the guy needed a parachute to exit the mech? - I defo remember seeing this!
                        It's the reveal trailer for the reboot in 2009, that shocked every BT fan because it had a Warhammer in it. The whole game was cancelled after Harmony Gold once again use their questionnable "we own everything about Macross/Robotech" license (*).
                        Some time later MechWarrior Online was revealed, but I think that no MechWarrior game ever reached MW2 in terms of quality.

(*) note: at first, BattleTech made use of robots from Macross and other Japanese series. Harmony Gold own the Macross license, and according to them, they own everything related to it...and they don't want to do anything with it. That's why aside very few instances there are no official Macross products in the west. Of course their license covered designs used in BattleTech, and Harmony Gold had them removed from the every BT book, until these "Unseen 'Mechs" were reintroduced with new designs. However the software house working on the game didn't get the note they couldn't use Macross/Harmony Gold 'Mechs and thus the game got blocked.

Comment

There have been graphically updated versions, they were horrible!

Comment

I'd like to see a new Chase H.Q./Ray Tracers-style game, but with some more meat to it.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The one that jumps out the most for me is Soul Reaver. Turrican too perhaps.

Comment

A new Soul Reaver would be cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X