Games that NEED remaking/rebooting ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
    While that game is currently not receiving a HD remake, which it bloody should, the devs were/are doing a kick starter for a sort of sequel of the game, to be released within an episodic structure. However the whole thing seemed very patchy, and the last thing I heard about it was an update post on its development about a year ago now on their Facebook page... I am not holding my hopes up for it, I get the feeling it's currently in development hell. But I could be, (and I do hope), that I'm wrong. Time will tell I guess.
    The stories that come out of that developer are crazy.

Comment

I would sure like that Viewtiful Joe got a HD treatment, but I suspect the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Comment

Kingpin on the PC from 1999

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
          I would sure like that Viewtiful Joe got a HD treatment, but I suspect the chances of that happening are slim to none.
          Second that. At least make it available as PS2 game on PSN.

Comment

Every Extend Extra from PSP back in 2007

Review
            There's a clear thread which runs through the majority of Q Entertainment's games - not in terms of the lush, club-cult…

Comment

I remember this thread and nodding in agreement with most suggestions.

Here are some other suggestions after the success of God of War:

Onimusha
              Castlevania
              Legacy of Kain
              Mark of Kri
              Shadow of Rome

I'm going to add that football game where you play one player, LiberoGrande.
              That racing game with the cell-shaded visuals, Auto Modellista.

Comment

Ah, Auto Modelista. If looks were gameplay it would've been great.

Man the Gamecube really gypped people on some genres. You had that off brand GTA clone LA True Crime and then this terrible excuse for a racer. Good job the first party stuff was really good as aside from that there wasn't much else on there in comparison to the other two platforms that had it all.

Comment

Dead Space.

Comment

I've most likely said this in here before, but Road Rash. I'm so keen for a replay of it i'm actually looking for an NTSC 3do so I can play my favourite version on there, though a new version could be even more awesome.

Comment

I do buy remakes of older games but if I'm being honest I'd rather companies come up with new ideas and make decent new games

Comment

Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
                        I do buy remakes of older games but if I'm being honest I'd rather companies come up with new ideas and make decent new games
                        Oh, there's always one, Steven!

Like Hollywood remakes, new ideas would be lovely, but these things make money, so if it's going to happen, let's say what we'd like to see remade.

The difference from cinema is that technology improvements can make a difference.
                        The draw distance on PS1 G-Police is like a myopic grandad looking for his glasses in the dark.
                        A PS4 remake would look amazing and the life domes would be great to fly around.

Cuphead is like a comic come to life, so an Auto Modellista remake, with the grunt of modern consoles, could look like you're in an anime.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          I've most likely said this in here before, but Road Rash. I'm so keen for a replay of it i'm actually looking for an NTSC 3do so I can play my favourite version on there, though a new version could be even more awesome.
                          Well, there's Road Rage for the PS4, but it's crap. There's also Road Redemption, which seems like it might be fun with beer and some friends, but it's PC/Mac/Linux only.

Comment

Power Stone... I'd at least like to see the two existing games made available for modern consoles with online play for the second. But really, the world needs a fully online Power Stone 3.

Skies of Arcadia. To see an IP with this much potential just wasting away is shocking. A remaster of the original would be cool but I'd love a true sequel or another game set in the same world.

Comment

Working...
                            X