No announcement yet.

Sony announce PSVR for PS4. Project Morpheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. It's an expensive aftermarket peripheral, I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't more than 2 or 3 games really worth owning it for. Probably both made by Sony.

When the Oculus Rift finally gets released, it should see some support among existing games on PC. Potentially the PS4 VR headset could benefit from ports of these games.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      The biggest consideration definitely needs to be software, Sony does love releasing peripherals then over 12 months phasing out support for it. This is going to likely be an expensive peripheral with select support, wait and see would definitely be wise post release

You say that, but potentially any game the has a FP view point could benefit from this. Games do not need to be tailor made. Saying that it almost certainly will be expensive and personally I don't get on with them myself as I get motion sickness in real life let alone a virtual one. For me its not something that I will probably be bothered about. It certainly isn't a game changer that's for sure.

Comment

I absolutely love the idea of it. If they make enough compelling experiences for it then I'd be interested. I reckon we're looking at at least ?250 for this + the camera though.

Comment

I reckon it'll go at ?229 solus, and ?299 with the camera and whatever game they pump it with. Something like that anyway. I've already got the camera luckily. I can use it for something other than broadcasting my Mrs. when she's getting dressed I guess.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Excellent for covering up that receding hair line.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Distracting to who?
              Others in the prison cell?

Comment

I didn't realise your Kickstarter situation is THAT bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M0by View Post
                  And as for the NASA project, forget Mars, imagine seeing attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion & c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannh?user Gate!
                  All these things will be lost (to xb1 owners) like tears in the rain.

Comment

Nice article about it here, http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ts-vr-promise/

Comment

Yeah, that's a good read, thanks Bubbles.

The shark attack sequence is a great idea to slowly introduce people to the idea of seeing in 3D and then ramping up the excitement as Jaws appears.

However, I've owned a 3D shark attack game for decades, so this is nothing new...

[hide][/hide]

Comment

Ah man fond memories!! I also had the bi-plane one, forget the name.

They should have call this project lightbar shield.

Comment

It also reminds me of Tetsuo II: Body Hammer!

Comment

Not sure if new or old news that Oculus Rift Dev version 2 will be $350 (?210), but hopefully it will make Sony take note over the price of their unit

The latest video game news, reviews and features from the team at Edge Magazine. Subscribe here today.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                              Not sure if new or old news that Oculus Rift Dev version 2 will be $350 (?210), but hopefully it will make Sony take note over the price of their unit
                              Don't you mean ?350?

Comment

Nope

Comment

Working...
                                X