Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be announced next week , looks like a new kind of wii fit maybe ?

Comment

You can pre-order Overwatch for 25% off on CDKeys right now (£26.99) if anyone cares.

I bit but only because I think it'll be a nice fit for the Switch given the art style, and I really feel I will get back into it. Haven't played it for well over a year.

Comment

Is Overwatch just like the modern Quake 3? So kind of another Fortnite? Or am I completely wrong about all that?

Comment

Overwatch was fun enough but if it's not going F2P then they probably need to be looking at making a sequel as it feels like Fortnite has moved too many on from it, it's not much of a focus anymore - presumably the Switch version is just easy money as a fast port

Comment

Can anyone recommend a cheap wired, preferably wireless Switch controller? It's for my son whilst I send Nintendo all of our Joy-cons to repair the annoying stick drift we are suffering.

Comment

New NES and SNES Switch Online titles will no longer be added on a monthly basis. They’ll be added on an “irregular schedule” instead.

Excellent news. Drop x amount of money on those NES and SNES Switch controllers only to find out that you won’t actually be getting much use out of them after all.

The Nintendo Way.

Comment

Irregular... ergo less regular no doubt. If so we can assume a subscription price drop anytime soon then...

Comment

The subscription is really cheap and they have just dropped 20 SNES games on there that they could have dripfed instead. Seriously, of all the many things you could be complaining about with the Switch, this ain't it guys.

Comment

This Xmas, me and my 3 kids will all have a Switch each. That Family membership looks a steal, to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      Overwatch was fun enough but if it's not going F2P then they probably need to be looking at making a sequel as it feels like Fortnite has moved too many on from it, it's not much of a focus anymore - presumably the Switch version is just easy money as a fast port
                      Yeah I would have preferred F2P given the age of the title but from someone who dislikes Fortnite and wants a simple FPS multiplayer fix on the switch I don't mind paying the discount price above. I believe that includes the 3 months of online they were offering for pre-order as well.

It's still pricey but acceptable imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        The subscription is really cheap
                        Because it is bare-bones in terms of what it offers. Again: Nintendo actually recommend that you use a mobile phone app for optimum functionality of Switch Online.

A mobile phone app for the online functionality of their flagship console in 2019.

and they have just dropped 20 SNES games on there that they could have dripfed instead.
                        You make it sound like emulating software from hardware that is nearly three decades and several generations old is something super-difficult for the Switch hardware - all of which are Nintendo’s very own!

Seriously, of all the many things you could be complaining about with the Switch, this ain't it guys.
                        You’re definitely right about there being many other things about the Switch to complain about - indeed, many people have. Problem is that so many other people immediately seek to blindly defend Nintendo and/or give them a free pass that Nintendo - surprise, surprise - keep failing to improve on things like this.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-09-2019, 12:29.

Comment

Dude, a few days ago there were no SNES games on the service. Not one. And Nintendo hadn't sold the service saying they were coming. People still signed up for it.

Today, there are 20, including some of the best SNES games ever made. Joining more than 40 NES games.

Seriously, if you'll work that hard to turn that into a negative, that says nothing about Nintendo.

Comment

Dude, a few days ago there were no SNES games on the service. Not one. And Nintendo hadn't sold the service saying they were coming. People still signed up for it.

Today, there are 20, including some of the best SNES games ever made. Joining more than 40 NES games.

Seriously, if you'll work that hard to turn that into a negative, that says nothing about Nintendo.

First off, I merely reported that Nintendo were lessening the amount of Switch Online NES/SNES games. You’re the one who weighed in Nintendo Defense Force-style to have a go at people who aren’t immediately calling this the greatest thing ever.

Secondly, my point still stands. Why is it suddenly difficult for Nintendo to stick to making more ROMs games for this service available on a monthly basis?

Dude, people wanted SNES games on the Switch from DAY ONE. They didn’t want NES games and that’s common knowledge if you bother to Google around. In fact, people wanted (and STILL want) a GC version of this service.

Seriously, if you’ll work that hard to defend Nintendo even when people are merely suggesting that there is still room for them to improve then it says more about you, others like you and fully explains why Nintendo keep short-changing like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              Dude, people wanted SNES games on the Switch from DAY ONE. .
                              And now they are here. This is a good thing.

Comment

And now they are here. This is a good thing.
                                It. Doesn’t. Mean. That. There. Isn’t. Room. For. Improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X