X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks quite good, dpad is very welcome.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    Without Nintendo modifying their account system so I can have my accounts on two consoles, this is something I'll be passing on.
    I hadn't considered this; wish they'd sort it out.

Comment

It's the definition of that Goldblum Jurassic Park 'there it is' gif. I don't think it's a particularly good looking revision and at face value the size difference looks so slight that it's fairly redundant. It really is all about the RRP. Given there's no dock, joycons etc it probably isn't even cheaper per item.

I think it will make a difference for plenty fence sitters and will start to tap into picking up that 3DS sales drop off but for anyone who this isn't explicitly for the main unit still seems the best one. Timely reminder though for those Switch Pro fans to get their expectations in check.

Comment

I'm buying this day one, probably the yellow one, but I want to keep my regular Switch for TV mode so they need to fix the account thing for sure. I never take my Switch outside but I want the option at home.

September will be absolutely mental. Biggest release month I've ever witnessed + a Switch hardware revision
        Last edited by Nico87; 10-07-2019, 14:10.

Comment

Thinking about it, with the current Switch+Game+£30 digital credit I'm not sure the Lite is that good a deal unless you literally just have that lower amount of funds available

Comment

No TV output? I mean seriously that is a big omission...

Comment

So what do we think £199 ?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                  It's playing Switch games, naming it something else will just totally confused things.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
                  hey its not like Nintendo aren't in the game of confusing namesfor virtualy identical products, DS DSi 3DS, 2DS New 3DS Wii, wiiU Nintendo, Super Nintendo, gameboy gameboy advance, Gameboy SP

You could argue its not a mini switch as it removes all the switchable option, I'm quite surprised that it cant be docked and outputted to the TV as surely pairing this with pro controller gets round the controller issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                    So what do we think £199 ?
                    £179.99 on Amazon and hopefully everywhere else
                    £189.99 in GAME

Comment

I like it. Particularly the different colour choices. That said shame about the lack of TV output.

The pertinent question is where the other one is. Want to see the full fat/new revision.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

You could argue its not a mini switch as it removes all the switchable option, I'm quite surprised that it cant be docked and outputted to the TV as surely pairing this with pro controller gets round the controller issue.
                        That bit is just bonkers. Of all that things that people predicted that would change I thought the docking ability would remain in tact.

Everything else is livable if you want to buy a cheaper, smaller, lighter Switch. Although for some bizarre reason you can't adjust the brightness.

And still no Bluetooth audio, this is absurd considering most phones now don't have a headphone jack. How do we use our Bluetooth earbuds on the go?

Comment

Hopefully they'll release a dockable version with detachable joy-cons and maybe with a slightly larger screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Hopefully they'll release a dockable version with detachable joy-cons and maybe with a slightly larger screen.

Comment

Gotta say though, it would be a terrible business move to make the Lite dockable as it would effectively kill the regular Switch. Having just one system out at $199 after two years wouldn't make sense. Regular one sold 70k in Japan last week which is insane.
                              Last edited by Nico87; 10-07-2019, 15:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                                Gotta say though, it would be a terrible business move to make the Lite dockable as it would effectively kill the regular Switch. Having just one system out at $199 after two years wouldn't make sense. Regular one sold 70k in Japan last week which is insane.
                                Once guy factor in the cost of a dock and controller it would probably be in the same ballpark as the current Switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X