Thought for the day ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You been watching Orphan Black?

Our Orphan Black Episode Guide features: Cast, Crew, Spoilers, News, Music, Pictures, Screencaps, Recaps, Goofs, Deaths, Links to Watch Episodes, and more!

Comment

I was wondering, occassionally (once or twice a month maybe) I get migraines, the headache's not bad but i do experience a quite severe loss of vision on the right hand side, usually lasts for about half an hour if i find somewhere dark and quiet to sit down. Would getting my eyes tested be advisable? Someone once mentioned I should wear glasses for it, but my vision is fine, i'd say really good tbh both long and short distance.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
        You been watching Orphan Black?

http://www.tvrage.com/Orphan_Black
        It's more people moaning about health. Lets just make supermen. Eventually that will filter down through the generations and we will become x men.

Hard science yo.

Comment

Originally posted by booth83 View Post
          I was wondering, occassionally (once or twice a month maybe) I get migraines, the headache's not bad but i do experience a quite severe loss of vision on the right hand side, usually lasts for about half an hour if i find somewhere dark and quiet to sit down. Would getting my eyes tested be advisable? Someone once mentioned I should wear glasses for it, but my vision is fine, i'd say really good tbh both long and short distance.
          I don't think it's anything to do with eyes, apart from in some people (like me), it gets set off by sudden bright lights (opening a curtain or similar). There doesn't appear to be any real universal pattern, but things like stress, caffeine and alcohol seem to be associated. Personally I think it's also to do with the lack of sleep those things can cause which then brings the right state for a migraine.

However, if you haven't had your eyes tested for a few years, it would be worth getting them done anyway.

Comment

I would have got my eyes tested straight away. Tesco do free eye tests if you don't use a computer screen a lot and have your employer pay for them.

Comment

I used to get the blurry eye migranes. Stopped happening in my late teens.
              First got one in metal work at school. That was bad. Everyone sawing metal.

Comment

If you held a needle at arms length and looked through the eye of it at the night sky you would see the total area that the Hubble telescope took an ultra deep field photo. In this tiny area of the sky Hubble captured approx 10,000 galaxies, each containing millions of stars:-

What is out there? in that one thirteenth millionth of the night sky.

Comment

Dinosaurs!

Last edited by charlesr; 19-11-2014, 09:55.

Comment

Cake..

Comment

We covered that with scones last week, remember?

Cheese.

Comment

More like we covered scones with cheese.

Comment

What? You jest sir, if you're not putting grated cheese in the mix before baking you got problems.

Comment

I didn't make any myself

Japan's prices for baking-related stuff is so depressing that a yeast overdose couldn't raise my spirits.

But maybe I'll look into it...

Comment

Don't worry, I remember what it was like all too well.

Comment

Working...
                              X