No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statik gets a thumbs up from me too. Had great fun doing the 2 player mode recently too, me wearing the helmet and a buddy doing second screen shennanigans on his phone.

Comment

OK, I'll get Statik, thanks, chums. I showed the wife a video of it and she said it looks good.

The wife has actually taken a bit of interest in it, which I'm really pleased about.
      She did the shark demo and preferred the non-shark levels. She had to lift the headset up for a break!
      She told me off for showing it to my son, but he wasn't as scared as her!
      I forgot there's a smidge of bad language in there too.

I definitely won't be showing him London Heist, but my wife and I loved it.
      I spent a bit of time in the shooting gallery first and got her to do likewise to learn the feel of the gun and practice getting a clip ready in your left hand whilst shooting with your right.

As everyone else has said, although it's short, it's amazing!
      So much to interact with.

I think the thing that made me smile the most was the cigar - so clever.

I did the luge and VR ball levels, which aren't as captivating, but still fun.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        As everyone else has said, although it's short, it's amazing!
        Phrasing.
        Last edited by fuse; 13-03-2019, 13:14.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Phrasing.
          Thanks Justin.

Comment

I'm trying to buy Statik, Neverout, Keep Talking and The Invisible Hours, but PSN keeps cycling authentication on phone and PC no matter what payment method I use, card or PayPal.

Any ideas?

Comment

Buy them through the website instead? Obviously not a great long-term solution, but should at least get your short-term fix lined up.

Comment

Yeah, I tried phone and PC.

I couldn't buy in the PS4 as it was being a knob and asking to confirm an expired card.

I'll try again tonight, ta.

Comment

I've thrown in the towel on Dirt Rally. I've played racing games most of my life but that is just a bridge too far. It's technically great, but simply not fun to play. Give it a go in VR for the experience but don't expect to get anywhere on it.

Comment

Beat Saber DLC has dropped for EU. £10 (I guess) for the pack of 10 songs, songs can also be bought seperately. I’ll have to wait until tomorrow morning as I have the US version. Time to sweat again.

Comment

Moss is £16 here:
                      Moss is a single-player action-adventure puzzle game that, since its debut, has captured fans’ imaginations everywhere with its intuitive gameplay, creative design, and high degree of artistic polish. Moss has earned more than 20 global awards and n

Thanks to [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] for the find.

Comment

I played a bit of Here They Lie last night because I'd got it with PS+ at some point.
                        It's a walking simulator in a grimy city and the only splash of colour is a mysterious girlfriend character and the occasional flame.
                        Like Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, the plot is drip-fed with phone calls and scattered notes.

You navigate with a pad, rotating in 40 degree turns, then steering with the headset and it works quite nicely.

You just kind of mooch around, so it's not thrilling, but still a good experience.
                        I want to know what happens, but I don't think it'll have much replay.

Oh and my Mom came over and I put the shark demo on to more humorous results!
                        It's brilliant watching non-gamers get their minds blown.
                        Last edited by QualityChimp; 14-03-2019, 14:06. Reason: Bold

Comment

Sorry, deleted my post. It was recommending a game that had already been recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSpiggott View Post
                            Sorry, deleted my post. It was recommending a game that had already been recommended.
                            It's okay! I'm curious what you were going to recommend now!

What has been your fave VR experiences?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I played a bit of Here They Lie...

You just kind of mooch around, so it's not thrilling, but still a good experience.
                              Holy smokes, was I wrong!

A short while later, there's something else down here with me...

New pants, please!

I'm getting proper shivers down my spine and I'm jumping out of my seat!

I got to the end of a level and am enjoying the rest.

Comment

I'm enjoying the commentary QC. I like reading people's experiences with VR.
                                I pretty much use mine all the time. Even with regular 'flat' games.

Comment

Working...
                                X