No announcement yet.

Crackdown (Xbox One)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that was cool. It actually makes me excited to hear Dave Jones talking about it, it actually feels like a sequel this time.

yes that kind of destruction was done in Red Faction, albeit it on a much smaller scale. I don't think the destruction is the headline tech, it's the scale at which it is being applied which is the impressive part. Lucasarts demoed some really impressive physical destruction technology for the Force Unleashed, but it was only limited to a few destructible set pieces in game.

Here is a video of Red Faction and a large structure being destroyed, which is fairly typical for the game. Note that is is the only destructible object near by, the rest is rock.
    Last edited by charlesr; 06-08-2015, 11:36.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      Nice, but hadly as ground breaking as hes letting on; wasnt the type of destruction seen in red faction guerrilla? Remember having a ton of fun with that
      Exactly what I thought.

Difference being Guerrilla is actually fun, whereas this looks quite bland.

Comment

This tech demo?

Comment

Seems pretty far along to me.

Comment

Single player has been confirmed as working offline with limited damage.

Crackdown 3's single-player campaign can be played entirely offline w/ limited destruction. 100% destruction only available in online co-op.
            Bit more.

Even if you have your console online, single player will still be limited destruction.
            It requires you to be connected to and with multiple people for extra compute.
            Single player map will be different than multiplayer map.
            Sumo Digital is also developing alongside ReAgent.
            Last edited by Family Fry; 06-08-2015, 12:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              Seems pretty far along to me.
              It was a tech demo, not a gameplay demo, he even said that in the video. You were commenting on the gameplay.

Shooting holes in a wall doesn't make for a fun game.

Comment

a much longer, better quality version of that tech demo

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  Shooting holes in a wall doesn't make for a fun game.
                  It might if you're from Texas.

Comment

or if you are Uli. But only if It features realistic bullet penetration

Comment

I still do not get how cloud computing can work for games, as i just do not see how a broadband connection can send and recieve information needed at a rate that can be any use for computing when memory and graphics can move gigs of data every second

Comment

I hope that the gameworld is that destroyable, coz it looked soooooo sweet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                          I still do not get how cloud computing can work for games, as i just do not see how a broadband connection can send and recieve information needed at a rate that can be any use for computing when memory and graphics can move gigs of data every second
                          It's sending the data that has already been computed, that data is very small.
                          It's essentially generating animation data and sending that small data file. Think of how small a replay file is, even if something very complex has happened over a long period of time

Comment

Speculation already mounting that Crackdown 3 has been delayed yet again, this time till 2019

Comment

I’m really looking forward to this I hope it’s not true.

Comment

just a amazon balls up. i'm hoing for a E3 available 'right now in game pass' announcement

Comment

Working...
                                X