Crackdown (Xbox One)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonyk100 View Post
    just a amazon balls up. i'm hoing for a E3 available 'right now in game pass' announcement
    Same. Which might be the reason for the cancellations.
    Amazon have fallen out with Sony over digital downloads too

Comment

UPDATE: Microsoft has confirmed Crackdown 3's delay into next year, saying it will now launch in February 2019.The news…

Looks like the delay till TBC 2019 is true

This should help make MS's E3 this year interesting

Comment

Cloud still not powerful enough.

Microsoft have managed to dig up $7.5 Billion to spend on acquiring GitHub, perhaps they can find some extra money to invest in some first party exclusives, they're rapidly running out.
        Last edited by MartyG; 07-06-2018, 10:48.

Comment

Do you think it's because the game has or is evolving into more of a GaaS than a story-driven game it might have been conceptualised when it commence development all those years ago? Or is it that they are adding a Battle Royale mode?

The recent rumours of Halo: Destiny version make me wonder if MS is going with the big publisher trends.
          Last edited by Digfox; 07-06-2018, 10:51.

Comment

Could be [MENTION=2982]Mgear[/MENTION], or it could be that the game is a bit of a mess. 'Not meeting the quality bar' as they say. Two full years of delays makes me think it's that to be honest.

A Destiny type Halo might not be a bad idea if MS can bring something new to the table at the same time. That's a series that badly needs a kick up the arse to get it back on the hype level of Sony's top exclusives.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
              Do you think it's because the game has or is evolving into more of a GaaS than a story-driven game it might have been conceptualised when it commence development all those years ago? Or is it that they are adding a Battle Royale mode?

The recent rumours of Halo: Destiny version make me wonder if MS is going with the big publisher trends.
              It would make sense given that virtually all the talent that founded Bungie have either left or been forced out, and have migrated back to MS under 343.

Comment

Cant say I`m surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Could be [MENTION=2982]Mgear[/MENTION], or it could be that the game is a bit of a mess. 'Not meeting the quality bar' as they say. Two full years of delays makes me think it's that to be honest.

A Destiny type Halo might not be a bad idea if MS can bring something new to the table at the same time. That's a series that badly needs a kick up the arse to get it back on the hype level of Sony's top exclusives.
                  Although some innovation would be nice. Clearly 343 have failed to execute a Halo that was as good as it's predecessors. And based upon the evidence of their two (or should that be three) games doesn't have the ability to. So, yea, maybe a move in a new direction is needed. Just worry it'll be a bad Destiny clone.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  It would make sense given that virtually all the talent that founded Bungie have either left or been forced out, and have migrated back to MS under 343.
                  Actually one of the two founders is still there and the other left in 2004. Although I think you meant long serving team members. From a quick google Bungie appear to have suffered the loss of staff to create indie projects or move on to other companies but I'm not sure that attrition is any worse than other developers.

Comment

I could imagine a Destiny cloned Halo would work out alright for MS, but if they do that and it's supposed to be Halo 6 rather than a straight sequel I reckon the fanbase will continue to burn good will again.

Comment

The company who is making the cloud tech has been sold to Epic earlier this year, I wonder if that has caused problems.
                      Last edited by EvilBoris; 07-06-2018, 16:29.

Comment

Given how little they've shown of the game over the 5 years it'll end up having been I'm curious as to what the ambitions of the game are. In theory a third entry is pretty straight forward, the Crackdown formula is pretty straight forward unless either big changes were planned or things have gone massively wrong. My interest is more reliant on how little else MS has to offer more than the idea of another entry in itself being as appealing as it once was but I hope they eventually get it done... and MS has back up planned for XBO.

Comment

Microsoft's upcoming open-world shooter Crackdown 3 will launch in February 2019, the company has said, with more content to be shown off at E3 2018.

Turns out Crackdown 3 will be at E3 and is now aiming for a February 2019 release, so some hope then

Comment

Gives me a faint air of Saints Row IV ironically:

Comment

Delayed again to avoid clashing with Anthem, Metro Exodus and Days Gone which were all releasing on that same day.

Also, Crackdown series creator reportedly no longer involved with Crackdown 3:

Comment

[MENTION=3636]S0L[/MENTION] still really looking forward to this! I'm hoping we get some more at gamescom.

Comment

Working...
                                X