No announcement yet.

Battlefield: Hardline review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only had a couple of games of the new Beta but definite changes have been made and it's rock solid so far. Really enjoying Hotwire mode, yup, I might I have my BF4 replacement after all

Comment

played a few rounds and think it's not so different from what BF4 offers - it's a fun but chaotic sandbox shooter. but a wasted opportunity to introduce a slower paced and more tactical game that fills the void that's left by games like Rainbow 6 or Ghost Recon.

on Xbox One the game seems to run at 720p but is still a letdown compared to BF4.

Comment

As much as they've tried there's still not a massive difference between the two games but I think I've reached saturation point on BF4. With Hardline, it's a little faster paced without feeling like it's turned into CoD. Racing through the streets before gun fighting up a skyscraper, before grapple hooking up the exterior surface then base jumping off the roof to the nearest pick up vehicle which you then have to keep at high speed whilst being chased by opponents... mixes it up enough It would have definitely been interesting to see them tackle things from a slower more thought out tactical angle but hopefully the new R6 game will cover that.

Comment

Great big Meh from me.

I can't believe that it looks so crap, it still looks like the same game I was playing 18 months ago

Comment

Hotwire is at least a good mode, the rest... meh, might as well play regular BF4. Not a fan of having to unlock weapons for both cops and robbers.. just ****ing stupid and a right chore. Noticed they've rejigged engineer so they have the assaults grenade launcher now while losing all the launchers and mines, while support loses the LMG to get shotgun and 20 mag AR's.. nothing you can suppress with. So now all the classes feel like playing assault with a different backpack of medic, torch and ammo. LMG and launchers are map pick ups now, though sadly now bipod for the LMG

Maybe they should go the BF43 approach and go 3 classes with unlimited ammo, every class has grapple/hook supplied as default.

Comment

Well I disagree, it's the most fun I've had playing a competitive shooter since the release of vanilla BF4.

Hardline is unique enough to not just be a mod of BF4 but not too far removed from the concept of big, open warfare that it's able to be called a Battlefield game. I love the cleaner and brighter art design that it reminds me of Counter Strike and it feels slicker than BF4 on PS4 that I enjoy the moment to moment combat whereas I preferred COD previously purely because of the solid 60FPS.

I've only played a few hours of the beta but it's promising for the full game. Can't wait!

Comment

So far im loving this game. I have not played BF4 so cant compare the two but overall im having just about the most fun i have had online in ages. Love playing the engineer class and its so much fun in cars, weather its driving or being passenger shooting stuff. So far haven't found myself getting frustrated with it. THis has gone from being a maybe to a certain purchase next month.

Comment

unbelievable how crappy this game looks on PS4 and X1. take a look at the DF analysis, especially the 4th pic, desert with power posts.
                  if the single player features the same image degradation i will buy in on PC, that's for sure.

Last summer's PS4 Battlefield Hardline beta disappointed us with its sub-par frame-rate and a notable lack of visual re…

Comment

Got to disagree with the general consensus on this, I personally really like it. I never play multiplayer games by myself, even ones I love like Gears of War, but for some reason I've been playing this by myself and loving it.

I've had BF3 on PC and 360, BF4 on PS4 and Xbox One, and they just didn't do it for me. I played them but never really enjoyed them. Something about hardline just clicks for me and I much prefer it. Whether it's the map design, weapon choices, class changes etc I don't know.

I think the over-reliance on vehicles kinda dampened BF3/4 for me too, and it seems not as heavy on that in this one. Maybe most BF fans will hate that, I don't though.

I just know I really like Hardline and I don't think it's fair that this gets the "expansion pack" comments, yet BF4 rarely ever did and that's far more incremental a Battlefield compared to this IMO.

Tried it on PS4 and XBO, barely see a difference graphically personally (haven't tried the PC build and don't know if I'll bother) but I prefer it on XBO for the controller and the games feel better connection wise (PS4 still felt good but XBO just felt like I was getting better connections over all across all the games).

As a sidenote, I'm enjoying using the GIF export function that XboxDVR now has ^_^.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
                    Last edited by Synthesthesia; 05-02-2015, 22:32.

Comment

Was playing Heist with my brother a few days ago and had a brilliant animation bug!

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                        Was playing Heist with my brother a few days ago and had a brilliant animation bug!
                        Haha! Nice. Haven't seen that in my games. Those are the sort of bugs you don't mind! The kind that make you laugh

Comment

I saw that yesterday. Use to be in BF4 (still may be) but it can't be hard to fix surely! Even CS:GO does the crouch walk fine!

Comment

I've played this on the 360 & Xone now, & I have to say that I'm not impressed.
                            Xone version just looks like a smoothed off version graphically, like the smooth enhance option you had on the PS2 for PS1 games.
                            I was hoping that the gameplay was going to be a bit more action paced & user friendly like the Bad Company series was, but its the same as previous BF3/4 games & I just cant get used to it personally.
                            Don't know if its just the Xone controller but I just cant get a decent sensitivity on my sticks either. It feels like I'm skating on ice, & it still feels like a BF3/4 add on.

If I see it cheapo at some point then I might pick it up

Comment

I'm gutted the beta's finished personally. Went back to 4 today and I did abysmally. I really don't like BF4 very much, all the guns I have unlocked feel like crap to me and I just get slaughtered. On Hardline I was regularly going 24-4 etc, on BF4 the best I did was 11-9. Others I got 2-18, 6-15 etc. They just weren't fun at all.

That wouldn't be TOO bad if the XP system was class-wide on BF4, but it's all locked to that specific class. I much prefer the way Hardline allows you to play whatever role you want and use the money for unlocks for whichever role you want.

But to sum it up, my experience on BF4 tonight was spawn, get shot in the back. Spawn on a team mate, find a guy that's looking in the opposite direction to you, shoot him, and surprise! I'm dead and he's alive. Whut.

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                              & it still feels like a BF3/4 add on.
                              I'm just curious- why do so many people seem to have been perfectly happy to go from BF3 to BF4 without calling that an expansion/ add on, yet Hardline (Which IMO is a lot more different to either of those) is thought of as being an add on? What was so massive from BF3 to BF4 that warranted that to be a new game without everyone saying it was an add on?
                              Last edited by Synthesthesia; 10-02-2015, 23:18.

Comment

Double post.

Comment

Working...
                                X