Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Anyone here playing? My son is pulling off 1v5 clutches
    Yeah, regularly play this, but mostly just co-op Terrorist Hunt.

Comment

Free upgrade coming to PS5 and XSS/X which will also add 120fps support mode

Comment

This game is still great. It's one of those that still doesn't have a real competitor and stands as being unique in a sea of battle royale clones.

I haven't played in a while but I love to drop in and out of it.

Comment

We all bought it in the last sale but haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but we'll mainly be doing co-op T-Hunt.

Comment

I really liked Vegas. Never played this. Is it good? I heard bad things at launch.

Comment

Last time I played it I found it a little off putting. On launch it was very scrappy but Ubisoft got it running decently soon enough. There was a golden period where it was like crack. Last go I had the lobbies were often off putting. I had the same issue with Vegas online where it eventually became largely populated by continuous long term players who became really poisonous to those who were casual or occasional and so not as 'unified' in their play approach.

That being said, the next-gen version launches etc may usher in a new wave of players and be a good time to jump back in safely

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                I really liked Vegas. Never played this. Is it good? I heard bad things at launch.
                It's very good. I would say it has a very steep learning curve though as there are now do many operators it's tough learning all of their skills and how to counter them.

You're best off playing the single player stuff which is a glorified tutorial over 10 levels if memory serves me. That at least primes you for the main game... Then terrorist hunt is the co-op mode which is good for practice.

Then eventually you'll be ready to tackle multiplayer where you'll get killed a bazillion times before stuff sinks in. Then it'll click and you'll win a few tense rounds before you realise you're hooked.

Comment

My son is still beasting this. And all his friends. Probably the most tactical game I've ever seen

Comment

Yeah it's about as brutal and clinical as it gets. Which is probably why I suck at it. It's an absolute blast with s full group of mates though...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      Then eventually you'll be ready to tackle multiplayer where you'll get killed a bazillion times before stuff sinks in. Then it'll click and you'll win a few tense rounds before you realise you're hooked.
                      Yeah, but it can be a pain to find a group sometimes that won't kick you if you're not playing absolutely perfectly and you're joining randoms.

There's not really any need to buy the additional operators as the base ones cover pretty much everything - in fact if anything they're really starting to struggle to add unique skills and weapons to them that aren't full on gimmick.

Find an operator you like and just try and stick with that - I enjoy playing Sledge, smacking through walls ppl aren't properly covering.

Comment

An hour of Rainbow Six: Parasite

Yeah, I'm good thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X