Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator 4

I'm guessing the title killed the previous thread
    Shane Black is set to write and direct a reboot of the Predator franchise. It's unknown as yet if it will retell the story of the Arnie classic that Black himself appeared in or if it will be a stand alone attempt to rejuvinate the series like Predators was without dismissing the original.

Who did he play then in the original? Imdb has nothing...

Comment

Hawkins. He looks completely different now!

Comment

If it's a remake as in replacing the original, they can forget it as far as I'm concerned. If they do a new one with Shane Black involved, I'm all for it and Shane Black is an awesome choice. I still haven't seen Predators though... is it any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          I still haven't seen Predators though... is it any good?
          It's not a bad flick, probably too many characters and the storyline a bit hurried. Definitely better than 2 or the AvP movies.

Comment

Predators was better than 2 ad alien vs predators 1 & 2 by a country mile, doesn't mean it needed to be made however, just like this. edit, beaten to it by briareos.

Predator was always one of those movies that should of been left as it was with never a sequel made, then leave it up to books and manga to fill in the blanks for the people that cared about the lore.

Comment

I didn't realise that Shane Black was in Predator either!

He has to write himself a cameo as his own Dad (he's older and this is a reboot) and he gets killed first!

He'll probably write a story about the Predator being kidnapped as he seems to have a thing for it (Last Boy Scout, Lethal Weapon, Iron Man 3 and The Long Kiss Goodnight).

I enjoyed Predators and thought it was great fun. Against expectations, I though Adrien Brody was a good lead. He's a proper grump and despite not being as huge as Arnie (how many other pencil-pushers in Hollywood are?!) he was impressively buff.

The only downside was that the trailer was misleading and showed the hero, crash landed on an alien planet and covered in laser dots, insinuating there were more Predators than there really was, see?

Last edited by QualityChimp; 08-03-2016, 10:53.

Comment

Many were surprised by the news yesterday that Fox was planning to reboot the “Predator” franchise and had hired “Iron Man 3” and “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang” writer/director Shane Black to helm and co-write the film with his old “Monster Squad” cohort Fred Dekker. Black and Dekker’s hiring was great news, but the choice of […]

Black has chimed in to say that the film will be a sequel rather than a reboot as the Predator mythology to him is too rich and unmined to overwrite the other films

Comment

That's much better news. A reboot really wasn't necessary. I'd love cameos from Arnie and Glover!

I like the way Shane Black is writing this with his Monster Squad writer, Fred Dekker - Black & Dekker

Comment

I got banned for 24hours because of the ****ing swear filter bollox.

Anyway

This will be utter, utter ****, mark my words! I might've enjoyed SB's dialogue in Lethal Weapon but Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and IM3 were absolute crap. He's no director IMHO

Comment

It'll be fiiine.

Can't be any worse than Predators which was meh at best. These days i just hope for cool Predator designs for cool statues rather than hoping for a good movie lol.

Comment

Didn't understand what happened at the end of predators.

Why did the two predators fight. What was the reference to the original there?

It was a well produced film but had ZERO personality or character. The closet we got was when they met morpheus; who was surprisingly fat for a guy surviving on an alien planet scavenging for food?

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          Didn't understand what happened at the end of predators.

Why did the two predators fight. What was the reference to the original there?

It was a well produced film but had ZERO personality or character. The closet we got was when they met morpheus; who was surprisingly fat for a guy surviving on an alien planet scavenging for food?
                          It was kind of based on a premise that was bought up in the comics where there were separate tribes of Yautja and some of the stronger ones broke away and would hunt the smaller ones. So in Predators is it was suggested that the 3 "Super" Predators hunted pretty much everything including their own kind.

The Pred they had tied up looked like the one from the original movie as a tribute nothing more really.

Personally i don't want to see Predators fighting Predators.

I also hate the fact that Dutch won by the skin of his teeth against the original Pred, Then in Predators the Berserker Pred kills the Classic Pred but then ****ing Royce ( Adrien Brody ) kills the Berserker Pred.......which Basically means that Royce is stronger then Dutch. Lol. I can't accept that.

I liked Royce with his stupid voice and awesome shotgun, i even liked Topher Grace in it and i genuinely never saw it coming that he was a murderer but the Predator designs were lame, they didn't really do anything new, the dogs were a lame idea poorly done.....i dunno theres quite a few scenes i like in it but it trundles along at a pretty slow pace...i honestly still like Predator 2 over it.

AVPR which is a tremendously bad movie but it has the Wolf in it, easily the coolest Pred since the original and has a great following so i'm just hoping for a good Pred design or 2, if the movies decent i'll count that as a bonus.

Do you think they'll drag Arnie back for cameo? I kinda hope they do.

Comment

NO, Arnie is fat and old. No one wants to see that, it would have been better if he replaced Lawrence Fishburnes character in Predators. Personally in my head the character of Dutch is killed off secretly by the CIA or Gary Buseys team from Predator 2. I dont want to see Arnie in anymore ol skool franchises, he's better off making new ****.

Predator 1 and 2 are the ****, nothing can touch those. They should just call this one Predator 3 and go back to basics, any other attempts to branch out have failed massively.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                              NO, Arnie is fat and old. No one wants to see that, it would have been better if he replaced Lawrence Fishburnes character in Predators. Personally in my head the character of Dutch is killed off secretly by the CIA or Gary Buseys team from Predator 2. I dont want to see Arnie in anymore ol skool franchises, he's better off making new ****.

Predator 1 and 2 are the ****, nothing can touch those. They should just call this one Predator 3 and go back to basics, any other attempts to branch out have failed massively.
                              Shut up you tart. Arnie could easily cameo, just someone they go to who has encountered one before he hasn't got to get in the action, i'd like to see the same with Glover too.

I don't want the movie to be another bunch of wacky commando/army guys who are in a jungle against Preds, i think Black could do something different and i think he should.

Comment

Working...
                              X