No announcement yet.

Pacific Rim 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it is they might as well play it up to the fans and go all out, or really play heavily into the Chinese market as I'd expect the sequel to do much worse in most countries given the limited appeal of the first and its generally weak reception

Comment

Yep, that's very true. They'll have lost a bunch of us first time around so they may as well play entirely to those who enjoyed it. Expect full-on pantomime.

I'm sure there must be fan edits somewhen with just the cool robot stuff.

Comment

Could they just shove godzilla in at the end and have some scientists who - as luck would have it - has foreseen this and built a godzilla sized mecha that needs more that 2 people to pilot it, 11 people in fact, so they have to find the world's best football team as they are the only people who can work well enough together to operate it.

Comment

I like it. If you can get the Fast and Furious crew in, I'm in.

Comment

Last week came word that Legendary Pictures was shifting its upcoming “Kong: Skull Island” project over from Universal to Warner Bros. Pictures. The aim of the move is to essentially create a cinematic universe that would bridge last year’s “Godzilla” reboot and the new film in a way that we’d eventually get to see King […]

Brace yourselves Rim-fans Speculation is mounting that the expected transition of Skull Island to Warners is indeed a plan to expand a Godzilla/Kong cinema universe and as a result Pacific Rim 2 has been placed on indefinite hold, possibly even looking at being scrapped entirely as the Godzilla/Kong plan wouldn't leave much money or need to chance another Pacific Rim.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              And this is all sorts of wrong.
              Quoted for sad truth. Dredd....why did everyone ignore you. Just what the hell.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              It was so terrible, it went right through the other side to awesome.

Hitting the one kaijuu with a tanker? CLASSIC!!

I watch it in 3D every few weeks or so.

I also like the Aussie kid being more of an arsehole than any American in the movie. Makes a change.
              This is pretty spot-on and why I like the film too and don't care about its flaws. One of the only 4 BDs I ever bothered buying.

APOCALYPSE CANCELED HAHAHA
              Last edited by usman; 16-09-2015, 21:48.

Comment

Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro says all hope isn’t lost regarding the upcoming potential sequel to 2013’s “Pacific Rim”. Speaking on Twitter on Monday, del Toro responded to a trade story saying the project had been shelved indefinitely. He hit back saying: “Don’t believe everything you read. It’s still going and I’ll remain with it in […]

Del Toro says this is still coming but no timescale exists. Legendary have been bought out by a Chinese business so given the films success in that market the odds have risen again. However, with each passing year I'd expect it to go the way of Hellboy 3 and fade into having no chance. It's been 3 years and its shelf life is disappearing.

Comment

Probably not happening but would welcome it. The first movie is awesome while the main character is, well, lacking.

Comment

Official Trailer #2 time!

Comment

This looks bloody amazing!!

Boyega not speaking with a US accent is welcomed too.

Comment

Opposite reaction for me, looks totally naff.

However John Boyega using his normal voice does make some of his lines sound amusingly mundane

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Opposite reaction for me, looks totally naff.

However John Boyega using his normal voice does make some of his lines sound amusingly mundane
                          It's probably the closest I'll ever get to a live action Evangelion movie.

Comment

I think it look awesome!

Comment

It looks like the first film but with some of Del Toro's influences removed in favour of some Power Rangers, Transformers, GI Joe vibes. Hope that's what China wanted from a sequel...

Comment

I expected more noise from fans of the first given this is out now:

Out doing promotional rounds for “Pacific Rim Uprising,” director Steven S. DeKnight spoke with Collider about the film’s test screenings and how the reactions from that changed the final cut. The movie is a follow-up to 2013’s Guillermo Del Toro-directed film about giant robots called Jaegers taking on the threat of giant monsters called Kaiju […]

Here's some talk about some changes that were made to the final cut in testing

Comment

Working...
                                X