Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    I expected more noise from fans of the first given this is out now:
    I'm the biggest fan of the first; saw it twice in cinemas (one of only a handful of movies about which I can say that) and bought the blu-ray the moment it came out. I own the soundtrack, bought from iTunes. Short of buying the action figures that's pretty much the most "fan" I can be.

I have, if it were possible, less-than-zero interest in the sequel. Right from the start when I heard that neither Del Toro nor Ramin Djawadi were involved, I had concerns. When the trailers came out, I just saw nothing of appeal in them.

And it's weird! I mean, I like Boyega. I've loved his performances so far in the likes of Attack the Block and the new Star Wars movies. That was a big draw. Even so, it just didn't appeal to me.

I know what they've done. The first film, though it has some die-hard fans like myself, was not particularly successful in domestic markets. It only got a sequel because it was an unexpected super-hit in China. They obviously realised that primarily appealing to the existing fanbase wasn't the way to go, and made a grab for a wider audience. I don't resent them for that; however, they can have other people's money but they aren't getting mine. I'll watch it on Netflix in 2-3 years' time.

Comment

I'm seeing it Wednesday.

I just hope there are more fights during the day. They were all at night in the original.

Comment

God loves a tryer though. Considering they have the whole Kong/Godzilal thing going that's a little less reliant on a single market I'm still amazed they bothered with this as it's always felt like a hard ball to pitch even if Del Toro had returned himself.

Comment

Working...
        X