Skull Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skull Island

Legendary and Universal have announced a new King Kong movie at Comic-Con for release November 4, 2016. The movie will focus on the Island and not NYC. No details of a Director etc yet, but by basing the movie on the island (Kong and dinosaurs), this could be cracker!!

...there's also net chatter that with this being Legendary, that it could be a build to a King Kong v Godzilla movie somewhere down the line!
    Last edited by Spooky Mulder; 27-07-2014, 09:42.

A versus film couldn't happen considering how large they made big G. He'd step on Kong like a black turd

Comment

In normal circumstances I'd agree, BUT this is Hollywood we're talking about and box office is king. Personally, I really wouldn't want a crossover and I think a strong Skull Island/Kong movie and Godzilla 2 are more than enough to whet the appetite.... but the studio execs may disagree.

Comment

I kinda think the last film is too recent still for this. The main loved story is the classic Kong tale and this reveal feels a bit like trying to cash in on Godzilla's success. I wouldn't like a crossover either, Ape vs Nuclear breathing mega monster? Godzilla don't need this playa'

Comment

Well depends on the setup right? This skull island is essentially a prequel so we'll probably see Kong's family. Plus Godzilla 2 to continue the future. I just don't see this as a shared universe. They're better off going for a 1930s setting again IMHO. Unless they make skull island massive and ffullof Godzilla's family too? That would be awful.

Comment

Report on aintitcool.com that Joe Cornish has been offered the Skull Island director gig:

Legendary has set their sights on Joe Cornish to bring King Kong back to the big screen...

Comment

Brie Larson (“Trainwreck,” “Free Fire”) is in talks to play the female lead alongside Tom Hiddleston in “Kong: Skull Island” at Legendary Pictures. The story is set on the mysterious and dangerous home of the iconic ape as a team of explorers ventures deep inside the treacherous, primordial island. Michael Keaton and JK Simmons were […]

Looking like Brie Larson and Tom Hiddleston for the lead roles in this

Comment

Is there any artwork associated with this project? Other than the rough synopsis we know nothing about this movie.

Comment

Legendary Entertainment, Warner Bros. and Universal Pictures are all in talks to shift the upcoming “Kong: Skull Island” project from under the control of Universal to Warner Brothers. Why? The end goal is a cinematic universe that will combine classic screen monsters King Kong and Godzilla . The recent “Godzilla” reboot was produced by Legendary […]

Skull Island could be changing studios to clear the way for an eventual Kong v Godzilla

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                    A versus film couldn't happen considering how large they made big G. He'd step on Kong like a black turd
                    Was thinking the same thing. Godzilla brushes past skyscrapers and knocks them over. Kong climbs them.

Only monster from another franchise that could go toe to toe with him is:

or those stupid as **** robots.

Comment

I have no need for a giant ape in my Godzilla films. They got that out of the way before I was born.

Comment

I don't want a or need a Gojira x Kong versus or crossover movie (even though my 12 year old self would've lost control of our bodily functions) but I'm sure I'd enjoy the hype buildup and overall marketing campaign.... It would be insane, and most kids would go nuts

Comment

Would they? What's King Kong to kids these days? The overlong Jackson snoozefest is the main point of reference. Now if it were Godzille versus Donkey Kong, that would be a different story.

Comment

Kong's going to have to be barely recognisable to face off against Godzilla.

Comment

Working...
                            X