Best Android Apps for Emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Android Apps for Emulation

I'm considering getting a Android Tablet purely for Emulation of classic consoles such as the Mega Drive & anything more powerful.

Before I splash out, does anyone have recommendations for specific Emulators & what consoles can most Android Tablets support? For example, is Nintendo 64 & PlayStation Emulation possible?

Also, can I just dump a Rom by plugging up the device to my MacBook or do you have to download it through the device?

Many thanks for any advice given!

Almost all consoles seem to have EMUs for android, and transferring is as easy as any other USB storage device - plug and play...but on a macbook I have no clue.

psx4droid is no longer on googleplay but can be downloaded elsewhere (ask me if you can't find it)
    mupen64droid (or something) along with other n64 emulators are available but i've not really tested them.

Obviously don't get the cheapest tablet you can find, and you may want to look at the Archos Gamepad with it's mappable physical controls. MOGA controllers are another option for regular tablets.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks for the pointer Kryss.

Comment

A lot of the emulators support bluetooth controllers (ps3/wii etc)..

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
          A lot of the emulators support bluetooth controllers (ps3/wii etc)..
          but if your on kitkat as most new android tabs are ps3 controllers wiimotes dont work anymore,

I have a android tab set up for emulators i got a 7inch tegra note as its a quad core tablet, its super fast, and has really good speakers and great battery life, and its super cheap too can be had for under ?100 now it launched at ?200 its pretty robust too dropped it down the stairs the other day and not a scratch on it, theres a newer model coming out soon but this is more aimed at streaming games from a gaming pc http://shield.nvidia.com/gaming-tablet/

as for a controller the iPEGA PG-9025 Bluetooth Wireless Game Controller is the one i use i tried a moga pocket but it was rubbish

This is excellent as you can see form the pic it has various modes you can start it up in by holding the face buttons and this works with all my emulators, it's a fantastic controller and the rechargeable battery last an age too.

Mame is excellent on this android tab as is snes, nes megadrive, neogeo, ext, I found the N64 to be a bit hit and miss Mario 64 worked perfectly but i couldent get blastcorps to run, Saying that i haven't tried all the n64 emulators and only had a few evenings tinkering with it.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 06-08-2014, 10:56.

Comment

Just to resurrect this thread...
            Does anyone have any preferences on any specific android emus?

I've just had a look on the store and there seems to be quite a lot some are free, some cost money.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Super Retro 16 for SNES (the app formerly known as Super GNES)

Comment

Working...
              X