No announcement yet.

The Last of US Remastered PS4 review [no spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still not impressed with this one. The facial expressions are nice, but I'm failing to see any story or maturity. It seems to be all "F you!", "F this!", and sometimes simply "F!". The best part was the prologue despite being a QTE mostly.

I like running through parts I'm clearly supposed to be stealthing with a lead pipe and shotgun. Maybe weapons shouldn't be so abundant? I'm playing it like WWF No Mercy without the wrestling moves (they dropped the ball there, too).
    Last edited by dataDave; 16-04-2015, 19:00.

Comment

Try that on harder levels. You will die in seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Try that on harder levels. You will die in seconds.
        I'm playing on Survivor. That's the most it went up to.

Comment

Finally got my platinum & finished off the Left Behind dlc.

First, Left Behind - very clever dlc love how it segues into the main game. Admittedly there is a lot more story/talking than actual playing but there were some very challenging areas especially on survivor level. A bit short but a nice little vignette.

Multiplayer - again I loved how it really "fit" into the game world and made sense, rather than tacked on as an afterthought with no real connection to the single player game. A very enjoyable multiplayer game marred by a few things I had massive issues with:
          1) buying of weapons and skills - in my opinion unforgivable
          2) matchmaking - terrible, I would frequently get put into a team with low level players and the other team would have 3 level 300 peeps absolutely shocking balance which makes the game wholly unenjoyable
          3) loading times - very very poor loading times, could almost run a marathon waiting for the level to load

Apart from that I liked the multiplayer enough to do Firefly and Hunter journeys. A nice departure from a run and gun COD type experience.

Bring on #2.

Comment

Oh I also wanted to mention the sound - amazeballs. I have been using the special setting on the PS4 headphones and it is incredible.

Comment

I'm still trying to get my platinum by doing the stupid journeys. Takes FAR too long. The fact that you can have your entire clan killed just before making the 12 weeks is just rubbing salt in the wounds. If it happens to me, I will go MENTAL.

I wish I'd looked into the dumbass multiplayer trophies before I went and got all the collectibles, survivor plus, etc. I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                I'm still trying to get my platinum by doing the stupid journeys. Takes FAR too long. The fact that you can have your entire clan killed just before making the 12 weeks is just rubbing salt in the wounds. If it happens to me, I will go MENTAL.

I wish I'd looked into the dumbass multiplayer trophies before I went and got all the collectibles, survivor plus, etc. I probably wouldn't have bothered.
                Yep - I started quitting games every 2 or 3 games or when my clan was fully healthy on my second playthrough. I worked out that for the tasks with the 100% population risk, I saved all of the easy ones like 2 revives or 3 gifts or 3 downs with x gun etc. Choose a good load out to complement the tasks eg crafting 3 for gifts, should be pretty easy especially on your second playthrough. I don't really like the idea of having to start again, however it added a **** load of tenseness to those particular games which was kind of cool.

Comment

Just played left behind dlc. Absolutely amazing.

Comment

So, having completed the Uncharted triple wammy on PS4 I went back to The Last Of Us. Just completed a play through of it and Left Behind. Pure gaming joy. It is the best I have played in years and when I first did on PS3 it was great. I bough the remastered copy on release but never played it! Totally awesome package and it really needs a follow up - just cos I want the story to continue.

Script writing, gameplay, scares, everything is superb. If you haven't played it yet, you should.

Comment

Any tips on fighting the clicker things without a shiv or just avoid?

Comment

Is there a lively mp community for this still?

Comment

Sweet jesus, six years. Just restarted this up given the sequel is finally landing next month, I'm literally just after the opening which going back to feels even more simple than it originally did. Let's see how kind time has been.

Comment

I played it through twice, a couple of years apart. It was always stunning to look at, and a great story, but the second playthrough made me think the gameplay itself is... lacking. Shoot, explore, manipulate objects to solve puzzles, repeat. Still worth playing though.

Comment

I'm just reaching the part in Lincoln where you meet up with Joel's friend to get a car which has always been one of the sections it lost me at. I recall the tall office building that I'm already past, this section, the hanging upside down featuring section and the university being low points. So far, I'm holding up okay with it. Still a very simple game but smooth progress is making it easily taken in this time so far.

Comment

Finished the main game and now just about half of Left Behind to do. Going back, perhaps because of paying attention due to the sequel, I enjoyed the story arc a little more and the game was fine to play through but it remains a very meh experience. Ultimately it is just walking, ladder moving and crouching/combat and with just three enemy types it becomes clear as to why it was such a repetitive and often dull experience when the hype was in full swing.

Comment

Working...
                                X