Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fully approve of this idea.

Comment

Would 24 hours be 'enough', though? A week of grammar terror seems more... satisfying.

And to those hiding behind autocorrect: prufreed.

Comment

No time for proofreading on the Internet. Too busy hitting Post Quick Reply.

Comment

How about 24 temp bans for poor grammer?

Message suggestions?

"The grammar police have decided you need to take 24hrs to go back to school"

There could be a warning at the top of the site about the day.

Comment

If people could take that in good humour, it would be hilarious. A banned list should be on display showing who's on a time out! (Instaban for brought/bought)

Comment

How about anyone who is guilty gets their name colour changed to brown. Shame there wasn't an avatar change that could be done for offenders.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                How about anyone who is guilty gets their name colour changed to brown. Shame there wasn't an avatar change that could be done for offenders.
                You'd certainly be brown. As would I

Comment

I declare immunity as i provide much needed import oddness to the forum.

I be like

Comment

i remember the text message that went like this

Do you want to come to my place for the night ?

i wanna baby

This is a time where being grammatically correct is important .........

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      How about 24 temp bans for poor grammer?

Message suggestions?

"The grammar police have decided you need to take 24hrs to go back to school"

There could be a warning at the top of the site about the day.
                      I am up for that, although I will be secretly trying my hardest to stay out of the sin bin.

Comment

Ok English language pros, a friend has just given me a problem. He's looking for a word to describe a parent losing a child, in English there are terms for losing a husband or wife (widow) or parents (orphan), but there doesn't seem to be a word for a parent losing a child.

Does such a word exist.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          I think the only way of 'editing' the iOS dictionary is to completely clear it and start over. It does make an awful lot of erroneous corrections, they need to revise it to mirror the way Android does things. It's much better.
                          As EvilBoris said, the new keyboard in iOS8 basically pinches Android's predictive text feature lock stock. Been testing that today actually in regards to seeing how it works with our apps as they stand.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Ok English language pros, a friend has just given me a problem. He's looking for a word to describe a parent losing a child, in English there are terms for losing a husband or wife (widow) or parents (orphan), but there doesn't seem to be a word for a parent losing a child.
                            I don't think one does. Child loss was fairly common in families until a couple of generations ago, maybe it wasn't considered to create a word for it. I did a little Google, if you look at Greek language, you can make the word "tethligon" which means "bereaved parent".
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I googled as well but i came back empty handed, bereft of child was the closest i could come up with if i had to make something but i don't think thats correct either.

Comment

@Mayhem and EB

I didn't know that about iOS 8, that's good to hear I like Android for my handsets and iOS for my tablets, but I'm clunking along with an old iPad 2. Might pick up an Air 2 for iOS 8.

And autocorrect is absolutely not an excuse. No one's forcing you to push the 'Post Quick Reply' button! :P

Comment

Working...
                                X