Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearest tube is North Acton, nearest 'normal' train station is Acton Main Line. I would imagine that if you were coming in to London from Wales on the train, you'd be best off getting to Paddington and then taking the overground from there to Acton Main Line (should be plenty of direct ones from there). A quick look at Cardiff -> Paddington would suggest it's going to be upwards of ?70 for a return though.

I really wouldn't worry about tubes if that's your only concern for taking the cheaper/easier option - worst case scenario, I don't mind coming with and making sure you make your connections.

Comment

Plenty of options then! Thanks folks, I'll have a gander this evening and see if I can sort it out.

Comment

boom! So what we saying 12 then?

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
          boom! So what we saying 12 then?
          I'm really not sure!

Comment

If it's 12, maybe lunch and then HoG? I'd say that the guys from outside London have to decide (not including me, of course), they have the transport restrictions.

Comment

I can do whenever really, as it isn't that far of a journey, but useful to know a time so we can congregate outside like a group of dirty arcade starved men

(assuming we are getting there on the dot for 12 or similar)
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'm less than an hour away by train so I'm just waiting to hear from Nakamura as to what he's doing so I can decide what train to catch.

Comment

Nice big lunch and HoG sounds ideal. I'm still unsure how I'm travelling so if I drive half, I can have a decent day out and not arrive home at 1 am.

Comment

Then it's settled. Someone suggests a good place now

Comment

If you want to eat in North Acton, there's a decent enough Fullers place for pub food, a Domino's pizza takeout, a whole host of Lebanese places, and uh... not that many other options? I would imagine a lot of the others have changed hands since I was last in the area, but having worked there for 5+ years I can at least point people in the right direction of stuff. A few stops east on the train and you've got a million options via Shepherd's Bush/Westfield, a few stops East and you get a whole bunch more options via Ealing.

Comment

It's got to be somewhere decent. For a first time meet up we need to eat somewhere where we can relax and have a conversation.

Have we decided where we're actually meeting? And at what time?

There's a lot of back and forth but no firm X o'clock at X location.

Comment

As the first idea was chinese, I looked for the best chinese places; most are in Chinatown (duh), about 30 min from HoG via underground. If fuse doesn't know a closer place, I can drop an email reserving us a table somewhere there.

Comment

My suggestion is a Japanese place called Misato just off Leicester square.

Cheap food and lots of it with decent variety. The restaurant is a little run down and it isn't the finest food but I always go there because it is well priced (?8 for a great bento box rather than ?16 elsewhere) and the food is always good.

They don't take bookings so we need to queue up but that should be fine at about 12.

Comment

I don't mind per-se but I'd rather stay local to HoG if possible cos I don't have that much time sadly...

Comment

Misato's is great but it's not particularly big. Might be tough if there's over 8 of us.

Plus it's Saturday so it'll be busy anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X