X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BordersDown meetings thread

Upcoming Borderdown meeting!

Date: 18th of April
    Where: London, Heart of Gaming (10a Cullen Way)
    When: 12am, in front of HoG (with possible dinner)

Who:
    briareos_kerensky
    teddymeow
    Shozuki
    fuse
    MrKirov
    Mayhem
    speedlolita
    nakamura
    Decider-VT

Maybe:
    MonkeyJuggleDX
    chopemon
    Shoju

(will update as new infos come through).
    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 24-09-2018, 07:39.

Just noticed that you PM'd me on this, sorry... first PM in years so I don't generally look up there!

Kobe and Kyoto are within train range of me (Osaka, so Kyoto is better) but work and family commitments usually make things tricky. You may not want the presence of a jaded ex-pat like myself, it could take the shine off your holiday...

Comment

At least one of you has to take a camera and take pics of whatever hijinks you get up to! Sounds like fun, hope you have a good time with the holiday and whatever meetings happen.

As a general thread for this kind of thing, I'm always up for meeting folks. It still blows my mind there's not been a proper meet-up on here. I've met and hosted small groups of folks, but not the kind of big meets that used to happen and should still do!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        At least one of you has to take a camera and take pics of whatever hijinks you get up to! Sounds like fun, hope you have a good time with the holiday and whatever meetings happen.

As a general thread for this kind of thing, I'm always up for meeting folks. It still blows my mind there's not been a proper meet-up on here. I've met and hosted small groups of folks, but not the kind of big meets that used to happen and should still do!
        I was thinking something like this the other day

I think we should plan a Heart of Gaming meet at some point.

I was actually thinking about getting in touch with them & seeing if they would set something up for us if we can get enough people together

It's only about an hour away from me by car or train so easily doable one weekend if anyone fancies it?
        Would have to plan around the football obviously lol

Neil

Comment

I was *this* close to meeting you at the free Rage Against The Machine gig, fuse!

Comment

I have toyed with the idea of organising a BD meetup in a bar or pub with a bunch of TVs and consoles but also with a stage and a projector. We're all obsessive weirdos on here and it'd be great to run presentations on the things we're into. So rather than just everyone get together to play games, there are a series of show and tells or something throughout the day/evening.

I'd pay good money to attend a talk on importaku's DS gems or an expert player of a cool game play and break down game systems (like Saurian's Youtube vids).

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              I was actually thinking about getting in touch with them & seeing if they would set something up for us if we can get enough people together
              They do functions and you can book the place out. I saw they do stag dos and I'm thinking loosely about mine...

Comment

I think a meet could be a good laugh. Would have to be London based for me so Heart of Gaming is fine. Perhaps someone could hit up lapsed regulars like the notorious J0e Musashi.

Comment

Would be cool to play Third Strike with some of you chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                    Kobe and Kyoto are within train range of me (Osaka, so Kyoto is better) but work and family commitments usually make things tricky. You may not want the presence of a jaded ex-pat like myself, it could take the shine off your holiday...
                    I'm used to hang out with ex-pats...now that I think about it, I'm an ex-pat myself
                    sj33 told me by PM that Kyoto would be OK for him, if randombs (or anyone else) can't travel to Kyoto we (well, I) can do a Kyoto and a Tokyo meet.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                      I have toyed with the idea of organising a BD meetup in a bar or pub with a bunch of TVs and consoles but also with a stage and a projector.
                      With a DDR machine.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Would be cool to Massacre some of you chaps on Third Strike.
                        Fixed that for you

Right I'll see if I can get anything organised.

How soon would we consider guys??

I have Football most Saturdays so would need to see what days I could work if we go for a Saturday but Sundays are pretty much ok

This could be a really cool day

Comment

[about a UK meeting] Saturdays and Sundays would be the best for me. And somewhere easily reachable from airports/train stations.

Comment

LOL im far too socially awkward to bore everyone to death over weird DS games

I do like games meets though in the past crisp wrapper used to hold some great ones here in Leeds. I remember we played allsorts. I bought a long a ton of Japanese GC stuff the highlights been playing 4 player donkeykonga 1/2/3, naruto gekitou ninja taisen 3 tournaments, fzero GX using my eyetrek goggles in first person view mode. It was great weekend meeting people i had known online finally in person.

I also remember having an awesome meet at Mr Fallows place, one winter me & someone else from here (sorry can't remember name) both managed to get hold of a Japanese & Uk Wii close to launch so i went along with some more people from here & we all played wii stuff on a massive projector screen at his place over the weekend. The delights of made in wario & the super fruity bum train level Also remember chaoticjelly bringing his starfox 2 repro so we could all play on the big screen, it was super cool. Also had sfun heckling the slapper down in the street from his window, Burley is a scary place LOOL
                            Last edited by importaku; 04-09-2014, 13:52.

Comment

I'm good any weekend. Just need to hop on a train to central.

Comment

Working...
                              X