No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumored earlier yesterday and then hitting the trades last night, actor Ewan McGregor is now in talks to reprise his role of Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi in a series for the upcoming Disney+ streaming service. Cinelinx broke the original scoop saying he’d signed, but the trades say it’s nowhere near that far along, though negotiations […]

Ewen McGregor is now in talks to play Obi-Wan in a Disney+ series focused on the character.

Comment

Potato cam leaked footage form Episode IX, looks very Force Awakens again

Comment

Trailer for The Mandalorian

Comment

Doesn’t give much story away but that looks like it could be pretty great. Love seeing IG-88 in action... although I hope the show isn’t full of ties to the movies.

Comment

Doubt, you shall no longer have. Star Wars filmmaker Kathleen Kennedy and franchise vet Ewan McGregor took the stage at the close of the D23 Expo on Friday evening to announce/confirm that the Scottish actor will reprise his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a live-action series for Disney+. In fact, Kennedy touted that all of […]

Star Wars: Obi Wan is official. Ewan McGregor is returning to the role in a Disney+ series that will be set around the time of Solo: A Star Wars Story, the new show will film next year presumably ahead of a 2021 launch.

Comment

McGregor is looking pretty great so I’m going to assume that this show will mostly focus on his terrible skincare regime and using sunbeds which leads to his premature ageing in A New Hope.

It’s has been a long time since I have moaned about the prequels but I have a vague recollection of the timeline not really adding up in that regard anyway so it probably doesn’t matter.
              Last edited by Dogg Thang; 24-08-2019, 08:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                It’s has been a long time since I have moaned about the prequels but I have a vague recollection of the timeline not really adding up in that regard anyway so it probably doesn’t matter.
                The original trilogy's "a certain point of view" is a big get-out clause there. It allows what Kenobi says to be easily retconned to fit practically anything.

Comment

Yeah and that was always total bull, even back before the prequels existed. It's basically saying "I'm a total liar because we've invented new story stuff since the first one but I'm going to try to twist things to make it sound like I'm actually wise." Honestly, some of the dumbest things in all of Star Wars can be found in Return of the Jedi.

Comment

New poster:

Comment

Did you like old Star Wars? Well have I got a treat for you! We’re going to dig up everything you liked and throw it into this movie! Don’t miss all those nods and winks! If you’ve seen Star Wars, you’ll have a fun packed time recognising all the great references. (may contain traces of story)

Comment

Kylo has the high ground. Rey gonna die.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          Kylo has the high ground. Rey gonna die.
                          Lose 2 legs and an arm, get burnt, become Nu-Vader.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Did you like old Star Wars? Well have I got a treat for you! We’re going to dig up everything you liked and throw it into this movie! Don’t miss all those nods and winks! If you’ve seen Star Wars, you’ll have a fun packed time recognising all the great references. (may contain traces of story)
                            Yeah that's exactly it.
                            When you watch the MCU films you can't believe that it's the same company as the Star Wars films. MCU has long story arcs and interlinking characters that keep you engaged for 22 films now. Star wars died after 2. Now it's just running on fan loyalty and nostalgia.

Comment

Episode 9 can shove it, 7&8 are THEE most overrated heaps of garbage I’ve had the unfortunate displeasure of sitting through in my last decade of cinema.

Now the Mandalorian, I’ll be seeing that. Love Rogue 1 & Solo, Mandalorian looks much more like those in tone.

Comment

Go to 1:20

For more short films like Scene 38 support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/fxitinpost Pick up a T-Shirt or Hat and support the channel: https://www....

Comment

Working...
                                X