Terminator III: Dark Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminator III: Dark Fate

Paramount has locked down dates for two untitled sequels to “Terminator Genisys,” the upcoming reboot of the “Terminator” franchise. Production on ‘Genisys’ just wrapped several weeks ago and it is currently slated to open July 1st 2015. It will be followed by a second film on May 19th 2017 and a third film on June […]

With filming now complete on next years T5, Paramount has confirmed a release date for the sixth entry of May 19th 2017. Terminator 7 has also been locked in for the following year meaning it's likely they'll be shot as back to back sequels. The aim was for T5 to half-reboot the franchise by using time travel to rewrite the events Sarah Connor faced in the original making this a sequel/reboot trilogy in a similar manner to what Star Trek XI did. It looks like Paramount is pushing to make it happen. Terminator 7 would also likely serve as a closing instalment for the franchise as a whole as a few months after its release the rights to the franchise revert back to James Cameron.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 12-02-2019, 09:15.

Whether this is good or bad I doubt JC will bother to make anymore when he gets the rights as that'll be like 5 films and a TV series which tarnished his original vision.

Comment

The upcoming “Terminator Genisys” won’t be the swan song for Arnold Schwarzenegger’s T-800 it would seem. This week the actor told The Arnold Fans that “Yes, of course, next year” when asked if he’d be involved in a follow-up to this year’s “Terminator Genisys”. As previously reported, ‘Genisys’ marks the start of a new trilogy […]

Arnie has seemingly confirmed he's set for this, filming seems set for next year. Everything lines with earlier speculation meaning they'll just be waiting for box office on T5

Comment

I doubt this will go ahead once box office results get in, unless their expectations are low. More to do with Arnie having signed multiple sequel deal I reckon

Comment

Certainly seems on a bit of a knife edge. They've probably got a certain bar level including home sales as even if it's not brilliantly received it'll likely sell well long term but I imagine it would have to do better than T4 did to go ahead. Probably hoping Arnie's presence keeps it going like it did in T3 which faced the same criticism pre-release of him being too old. Going off past ones, if it does $400m worldwide+ we should get T6&T7. If not, T5 will possibly be the last Terminator film we ever see released.

Comment

I think a terminator tv series could still work and probably the best medium for the franchise now.

Comment

Best medium for the franchise is Terminator 1 on blu-ray on a Saturday night with a beer and salt and vinegar crisps.

Comment

Not sure how I came across it, but saw the trailer for this the other day. It looks so bad I thought it was an April fools joke, it looks horrendously bad.

Comment

4TH UPDATE, MONDAY ACTUALS, 2:50 PM PT: International weekend actuals have rolled in from the studios with a confirmed $27M on the frame’s No. 1 movie, Terminator Genisys. That’s down a touch from Sunday’s projected $27.4M. (Early estimates see Monday doing $10M+.) The whole haul comes from China where the Paramount/Skydance pic debuted yesterday; including […]

Will add this here too.Looks like there's a possibility lining up that China may end up saving Terminator 6 and Terminator 7

Comment

Unless we are talking about different things I enjoyed the Sarah Connor chronicles

Comment

T5 is number one in China. Highly likely that T6 will happen now.

Comment

Shows the power of the Chinese box office now. This was locked in at the fourth highest grossing entry out of five until China's release. Now it has a shot at becoming the highest grossing of all Terminators.

Comment

Good. I want to know who sent back pops.

Comment

Yeah, Chinese market is huge, if you can get your film to be one of the few (20 or so I think) foreign films onto screens per year. It's what took JP4 up to the huge revenues...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

After the failure of “Terminator Genisys” at the U.S. domestic box-office earlier this year, it looked like proposed plans for two more “Terminator” films and a potential TV series spin-off were put on the scrap heap. Then came the strong international box-office figures for the film, including robust business in China, which seemed to stir […]

A report says that the sequels are on indefinite hold.
                              Given the franchise rights are set to revert back to Cameron in a short few years the studio could get a cap on the series by downsizing their plans and just making Terminator 6. If they spend a bit more time on it and market it as the final franchise closing entry they might get enough buzz to cap it off and spend years selling the complete boxsets etc.

I know T5 struggled domestically but ultimately the film got by, you only have to look at the earnings of every entry including T2 to realise they were never going to get anything above what they did so if they expected a Jurassic World style revival franchise to be born of the film they were daft.

Comment

Working...
                              X