Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh..? I don't get it!

Comment

Didn't you ask this question on Twitter and somebody suggested Voltron?

Comment

Oh, yeah! And Transformers. I thought the same but I wondered if I misinterpreted it due to what it was replying to. My own tweet was a question to someone asking for questions and then he replied with his and maybe he was just asking the original person "Transformers or Voltron?" like looking for a preference? Not sure but I let it go!

Comment

Just checked the prices for that dvd. Absurd! My copy is in storage somewhere, otherwise I’d had run you off a copy.

Comment

Good books in this genre, too.

Kaiju for Hipsters by Kevin Derendorf - a thick book covering lots of little-known titles in Asia and the US.

Godzilla: Visual Impact of the Movie Posters - a glossy Toho book showing all the Japanese posters for each film.

Terror of the Lost Tokusatsu Films by John LeMay - superb companion volume to his other three books.

Comment

That poster book sounds ace.

Loads of Noriyoshi Ohrai work?
              He was amazing.

Comment

Yes, where are these best sourced?

Comment

Just Amazon.

John LeMay’s books are good. In addition to the ones above are Volumes 1 and 2 of the Big Book of Japanese Monster Movies, and the companion volume ‘The Lost Films.’

The Godzilla one I had to order through Japan Yahoo auctions. It wasn’t cheap. It’s got photos of the Japanese releases, but nothing from other territories (such as Thailand). It has the different size designs, like B1 and B2. Sean Linkenback has produced a superb book showing kaiju posters from around the world, but it costs a fortune.

Comment

Definitely interested in the poster book.

Comment

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

It’s expensive for what it is. I don’t think it’s more than 100 pages. The text is sparse and in Japanese.

The posters within are great, though.

Comment

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***
                            Coming soon to Blu-ray/DVD from SRS Cinema LLC!

The independent daikaiju movies REIGO: THE DEEP SEA MONSTER VS. THE BATTLESHIP (2005/2008) and RAIGA: THE MONSTER FROM THE DEEP SEA (2009)!

SRS Cinema is tentatively planning to bring REIGO out on DVD in November/December 2019 with RAIGA to follow by summer 2020. Blu-Ray and VOD releases are also in the works, as well as screenings at festivals and conventions. Based on sales and fan support, SRS Cinema intends to acquire more obscure and never-before-released kaiju films.

Comment

Criterion will celebrate the arrival of spine number 1000 in October with “Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films,” a Blu-ray collector’s set which, for the first time, will gather all fifteen Godzilla films from Japan’s Showa era between 1954 and 1975 will be included across eight discs. Each film will get a HD digital transfer with uncompressed […]

Criterion are to release a Godzilla set to celebrate their own 1,000th release. The collection is titled Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films and will contain all 15 Showa era entries collected together for the first time. Each film will have a HD transfer with uncompressed audio. They've also added the 1956 Godzilla: King of the Monsters and a Japanese release version of King King vs Godzilla

English subtitles, interviews, commentaries, an illustrated audio essay and more make up the extras.

Comment

I saw this yesterday. It looks amazing! A whole bunch of these I don’t have in any form. It’s 15 films and all Godzilla films from that era seem to be present in all their forms so I can’t complain but there are other related kaiju films (such as War of the Gargantuas) that I would love to have seen included. But that probably would have made the set insanely huge. Anyway, looks fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X