This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Any more movies in which he plays mega-twats??? Let me know, I wanna see them!!!!
    Have you seen Unthinkable?

It stars Carry On Moss, Barry Sheen and Samuel L Jackson. It's about a terrorist being interrogated for the location of his nuclear bombs and the limits the interrogator will go to.

Not a film I'd leap to as a "Jazz Funk film", but some strong performances and SLJ's character is brutal.

Comment

Rocky Balboa
      Took us a while but we finally got round to the sixth of the eight films and this really is up there for the series despite only having the one fight. It perfectly caps the entire saga (until Creed unthreads it) and is up there with the first. Utterly nails what it's setting out to do and encapsulates the characters journey end point as well as that of Stallone's in a way that you could only ever get from one actor living a role his entire life.

Comment

It's a lovely movie. Great thing having both endings on the DVD. The alternative ending is DEFFO worth a watch, haha.

Comment

Watched "The Other Woman" on Netflix last night.

Yes, I know I watched it the other day but it's just so funny and easy to watch and I wasn't in the mood for seriousness last night.

Comment

Examined Life

I had really high hopes for this film but they were not fulfilled.

It's a documentary where 8 influential contemporary philosophers discuss the application of their ideas, but what should have been a wonderful nod to an ancient and noble tradition in love with wisdom and committed to the search for truth through rigorous self-examination, is in fact just a load of intellectuals too caught up in their intellectualising to realise the inconsequential impotence of their ideas. Only Cornel West said anything of worth and came across as understanding that philosophy, if it is to have any real value, must be practical with a capacity to improve peoples lives. Talk about betraying the spirit of ancient philosophy and all it represented. Socrates and Diogenes would lament at what it has become.

Comment

Once Upon A Time In The West - Another I've not seen since the VHS years. I remembered how good it was, but I didn't remember why it was so good. I still don't know how it makes the hairs on my arms stand on end. Every component simply comes together in perfect harmony. And that score is going to be in my head for days. How do you follow the Dollars Trilogy? This is how.

Comment

John Wick 3:
                It's pretty much more of the same. Got some great action scenes and seems to build on what came before. The bit with Halle Berry and her dogs kicked ass.
                My fav part was when John had to quickly build an old Smith and Wesson before the bad guys break the door down, and he headshots the guy from the hip. The boom the gun made was incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  John Wick 3:
                  It's pretty much more of the same. Got some great action scenes and seems to build on what came before. The bit with Halle Berry and her dogs kicked ass.
                  My fav part was when John had to quickly build an old Smith and Wesson before the bad guys break the door down, and he headshots the guy from the hip. The boom the gun made was incredible.
                  That whole sequence was ace, from the funny conversation with the doctor to the fight in the corridor full of weapon cases that they're all smashing.

Comment

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Much better than the second one, and not too cringey with the Japanese stuff. Lots of drifting, obvs.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      That whole sequence was ace, from the funny conversation with the doctor to the fight in the corridor full of weapon cases that they're all smashing.
                      Yeah. I've never seen a series of action films that just make me smile all the way through. Me and my brother were just giggling at parts because its just crazy fun.

Comment

Just watched Kin on Netflix. Like a modern day Dark Angel! Enormous raygun. Shallow fun with a twist that falls flat but answers a few questions so wraps up nicely I suppose. Worth a look.

Comment

I watched the scary The Conjuring for the first time last night (in the dark ) I thought it was pretty cool. That doll in the cabinet is scary AF!

Comment

pet sematary (2019):
                            Paint by numbers horror film with very little scares. John Lithgow was the saving grace, he seemed to be the only one actually acting.

Comment

I watched Snowpiercer. On one hand, it was a tight, tense and fairly gripping movie. On the other hand, it seemed to get caught up in its commentary that it was as subtle as Bioshock and much of it didn’t seem to make a huge amount of sense, or at least prompted more questions than it should. And the ending was disappointing. Still, mostly a very enjoyable ride with some very good performances.

Comment

I Am Mother

Pretty dull. A bit tense in places but left me cold

Comment

Working...
                                X