3 of the worst films you've sat through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    2. Prometheus - So gorgeous looking but one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of stupid movies.
    Oh man, don't get me started on the ridiculous decisions the characters make throughout Prometheus!

I found Bad Neighbours really unfunny too. I wanted to stop it, but my wife insisted we were so far through it, we might as well get to the end. She said: "I have walked so far into this river of blood that even if I stopped now, it would be as hard to go back to being good as it is to keep killing people."

Comment

Hahahah, meet the feebles. How did that get allowed?

Braindead and Bad Taste were awesome though.

I saw a lot of dross when I had Lovefilm DVD in the post thingy. I can't remember them though. Normally stopped watching half way through.

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. That was BAD. Apart from the bit where he bursts through the door and then gets ejected again. Or she. Or it. Or something. One bit made me laugh anyway.

Resident Evil 2. Guards in motorcycle helmets.

Equilibrium. Also has guards in motorcycle helmets. Probably the film equivalent of gaming's "time to crate" method. Enjoyed it the first time I watched it. Watched it again and completely changed my mind. No amount of gun kata can save it from general awfulness.
      Last edited by charlesr; 09-09-2014, 13:44.

Comment

I really fight not to walk out of a film, even if its awful. Best example of me doing that was Snow White and the Huntsman. They should lock up the writer and director

Comment

This is a difficult one, as I'm easier to please than most (or maybe I just don't watch that many genuinely bad movies?).

• Fluke - Terrible film about a man who is reincarnated as a dog. Seriously, just trash. There are frequent errors, like being able to see the shadow of the camera in some shots.
          • 21 Grams - Slower than continental drift and simply dull. I liked the concept, and even some of the ideas (like the organ donor thing). Worth saying that at least half of the cinema walked out by the end of this one when I saw it, though I stuck through it.
          • Aliens Vs Predator 2 - I know some of you disliked Prometheus, but have you SEEN AvP2? Prometheus was a bad movie, no argument, but at least some parts of it looked nice. AvP2, for me, failed on absolutely every level on which a film can fail. It has absolutely no value, no memorable qualities, no good points. It was just complete, utter, irredeemable trash.

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          I'm just moaning but I think in summary I've decided I get more pissed off when these films have giant budgets and I'm reminded of the effort the guys doing the CGI had to go through to make them possible. It's like ' YOU'VE WASTED YOU'RE ENTIRE ****ING LIFE DUDE'. All those smarts and you're sat making cgi electro play the ****ing piano...
          To be fair, the guys doing that job don't really make the creative decisions. As a content creator, some projects you just sit back, remember you're taking someone else's money, and deliver what they want. Like if you're doing effects for Sony on a crap Spiderman movie, you just have to be professional and remember your customer isn't the punter watching the movie, it's Sony themselves. The punter is Sony's customer.

If they've overspent, again, not really your fault. You focus more on what you're going to do next and hope you'll make something you can be proud of eventually.

Comment

I have never seen AvP2 so it could well replace Prometheus on my list. Actually I had a thought afterwards that might cause Prometheus to get bumped: Tim Burton's Planet Of The Apes. It was so bad, I don't think I've seen a Burton film since except for about 15 minutes of Wonka on TV a couple of weeks ago.

Also never seen Fluke and I have never read the book either so I have no connection to that movie. BUT it was based on a James Herbert book I think and I have enjoyed a lot of his books so it was on my 'to read' list sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Tim Burton's Planet Of The Apes. It was so bad, I don't think I've seen a Burton film since except for about 15 minutes of Wonka on TV a couple of weeks ago.
              Yeah, I'm the same. That was the last Tim Burton film I saw at the cinema, and I doubt that'll change any time soon.

Comment

meet the spartans

epic movie

date movie.....etc they were all truly terrible they seem to think copying scenes from a movie is funny in itself....and its not

Comment

A lot of these films you guys mention I havent seen simply for the fact I knew they were gonna be **** anyway

Comment

I suppose there's a line that needs to be drawn between film classes. Many of these are big or big budget releases but I'd watch most of them before I'd watch stuff like Amityville Asylum or Seed of Chucky again

Comment

That I've actually made it to the end of?

Sucker punch. The third Transformers film (Whatever it was called, dark of the moon?), Scott Pilgrim.

All three were utter drivel, and actually made me angry as I sat watching them.

Comment

Sucker punch. Who allowed that? Seriously. I'm guessing they will never find work again.

Comment

Firefist of the Incredible Dragon

Blues Brothers 2000

Legally Blonde 2

Steaming turds, all.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                            Legally Blonde 2
                            Did you go in to that one having enjoyed the first????

Comment

I liked Sucker Punch

3 utter ****e movies that spring to mind

Titanic
                              the last Indy
                              Revenge of the Jedi - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO says it all

Comment

The Dark Lurking (2009)
                                Alone in the Dark (2005)
                                Terror at Orgy Castle (1972)*

All the films mentioned are great next to these. I just went to my imdb ratings and sorted lowest first.

*Contains no terror, unlikely orgies (hint: director, don't show flacid male parts!), and I'm not convinced the set resembled a castle interior).

I liked Sucker Punch enough to buy it on blu-ray, but now I don't dare watch it again. Was it really that bad?

Comment

Working...
                                X