PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    I still haven't finished HL2 main campaign either. Finished the episodes though, worked backwards. They were much less dull than the main game.
    I thought episode 1 was the dullest of the dull.

The only part of HL2 that drags is the canals section.

Comment

One hell of a gaming laptop, though so it should be for ?3500

OK, it's provocative strapline but as the benchmark scores and FCAT analysis began to roll in, by and large it turns ou…

OK, it's provocative strapline but as the benchmark scores and FCAT analysis began to roll in, by and large it turns out to be a fairly accurate description of what this staggering piece of technology is capable of. MSI's frankly monstrous GT80 Titan SLI is a massive desktop replacement computer, which - in the case of our review sample, at least - features a Core i7 4890HQ quad-core processor, 32GB of RAM and two GTX 980M mobile GPUs working together in SLI, back by quad RAID-0 SSDs. It's a lavish, frankly immense spec, housed in an equally remarkable chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
        One hell of a gaming laptop, though so it should be for ?3500

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...tan-sli-review
        ?3500...out of interest has anyone paid anything near this for a gaming laptop?

Comment

That kind of machine is completely out my idea of laptop...not only you have the computer but also the power brick to carry around. And 60db? You'll need headphones with it, or you'll get deaf.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            That kind of machine is completely out my idea of laptop...not only you have the computer but also the power brick to carry around. And 60db? You'll need headphones with it, or you'll get deaf.
            MSI have never been known for good cooling either...that thing would be my nightmare.

Comment

I bought a new laptop this week, an Acer Aspire Switch 10.

Not that it's much of a gaming device, but I ought to be able to get some older stuff running on it. Maybe I'll finally get around to playing Starcraft.

Comment

Starcraft II's pretty scalable, and runs at a decent resolution and with some eyecandy on even on low-mid machines.

Comment

Yeah starcraft 2 is easy enough to run, it WILL slow down massively during big battles on weaker machines but still...

Comment

I paid ?1200 a few months ago for my Asus G751JT and am very happy/impressed by it, but that is the absolute max I'll pay for my mobile gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by The Moleman View Post
                      I paid ?1200 a few months ago for my Asus G751JT and am very happy/impressed by it, but that is the absolute max I'll pay for my mobile gaming.
                      The ROG laptops are fantastic to be fair, they take cooling seriously unlike many, many brands...my mates never gets past luke warm.

Comment

Asus ROG always get my vote. I can see this one lasting me a total of six or seven years.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          Starcraft II's pretty scalable, and runs at a decent resolution and with some eyecandy on even on low-mid machines.
                          I'm talking about Starcraft 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Oh.
                            A bit of catch-up to do on PC games.

[edit] IIRC the expansion's installer doesn't work on x64 OS, but the base game is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Comment

Maybe Warcraft III, too. I need to have a look through my back-catalogue

Comment

Working...
                                X