User Tag List

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Can we just call it pc gaming or something I hate the master race tag, you wouldn't walk about with a t-shirt that said master race on it well you might but you would probaly get lynched. lets just leave the bad taste stuff on reddit with all the cat pictures, memes, and naked celeb pictures. I may get shot down for this but I don't really want my pc gaming here to be associated with something as horrible as the murder of a massive amount of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I will say that you've probably never even though about it but just seeing the Windows pointer move on a 120Hz display will make you realise that there is a world beyond 60fps
    Or moving your FPS view left and right really fast. 60 is good enough for me, mind - for general/realistic usage.

I'm tempted to do a play-by-play of some of my Requiem Survival Skyrim dungeon moments, I need to see if my on-board mic is up to the task. Bleak Falls Temple is ABSOLUTELY ****TENING.
    Last edited by dataDave; 16-09-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Thread title needs a 3+ character word for search. What should I use? IBMPC? er..

Maybe PCS, it's practically getting to the point of being a Steam platform at this point so half the updates will probably be related to that too

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Maybe PCS, it's practically getting to the point of being a Steam platform at this point so half the updates will probably be related to that too
    And how the Nvidia 980 card isn't as great as it should be. And that's before it's even officially announced

Quote Originally Posted by charlesr View Post
    Thread title needs a 3+ character word for search. What should I use? IBMPC? er..
    GABEPC

or

Kitisawesomepc

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    O60 is good enough for me, mind - for general/realistic usage.
    Me too. Was just pointing out that I reckon a lot of people could easily detect, and maybe appreciate, framerates above 60. I'll happily game at 60fps all day long though.

120/144Hz monitors were designed with certain game engines in mind I think. Go lock Source at 60 FPS for example, it sucks.

Still, Nvidia G-Sync is when stuff will matter. Until then I'm happy with my 60 FPS.

I think it's more important that you can get the framerate locked to a certain amount i.e 60fps with no variation whilst playing like so many games are guilty of. I hear G-Sync mostly achieves this without introducing stutter, latency & input lag. Again this is the 1080p 27inch 120/144hz G-Sync enabled monitor i'm thinking about when it comes out next month

https://pcmonitors.info/benq/benq-xl...sync-monitors/

It looks like a great monitor and is meant for gaming but i'm tempted to go for a bigger 32inch 1440p monitor also from Benq

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MO-099-BQ

Any advice would be welcomed. Basically do i go for the smaller 1080p which offers higher refresh rates (120/144hz) and just 1ms response time or would the 32inch be better seeing as i sit fairly far away from my desk (just over a meter and a half) which is 1440p but ISN'T G-Sync enabled and which has slower response times of around 25ms and iv heard shows some mild ghosting on very fast moving games and is more of a CAD/CAM Monitor.