No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another PC fan port of P.T is coming along quickly. The demo was nice but it remains somewhat daft how much love it gets.

Comment

Pick one of 20 unique characters and fight your way through the dangers of the “Hollow Night”, and claim your victory over those who would get in your way. Experience intuitive and tight 2D fighter controls, with a splash of devastating combos and unique fighting styles to keep your appetite for battle sated!

The updated Under night Inbirth game coming to steam

Comment

Twitch Prime games available in August via Twitch App if you're an Amazon Prime subscriber (hence the clever name).

Antihero
        Death Squared
        Jotun
        SteamWorld Dig
        Wizardry Bundle (featuring Wizardry 6, 7, and 8)

Source

Comment

Sumo has bought The Chinese Room.The Crackdown 3 developer said it had acquired The Chinese Room, the studio behind Eve…

Sumo Digital have bought The Chinese Room, developers of Dear Esther and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Nvidia has finally unveiled its new GPU architecture - codenamed Turing - with three products designed primarily for th…

Meanwhile NVidia have revealed the Turing line of professional workstation GPUs saying gaming cards are coming soon, possibly revealed on Monday

Comment

Lots of chatter now we're two days before the NVidia reveals. Seems that they'll be going for the usual range spread and costs but the cards will (a little bit daftly) be dropping the GTX branding and instead be called RTX. The range would ultimately comprise of the RTX2050, RTX2060, RTX 2070, RTX2080 and RTX Titan lines.

Specs sound typically impressive too but they still sound like a pretty bad deal. We're still 2-3 at the least until software utilising their power hits an by then they'll have been replaced for much better suited options, if not another line even after that. The GTX10 cards still mostly deal with existing releases with ease let alone hit 4K/60fps regions for the GTX1080+ cards so seems a better deal to go cheap and hold out till the real stuff hits.

Comment

Some people want 4K beyond 60 fps though!

I must say I'm quite tempted by a 2070 or 2080 this time around. The GTX10 series has been around for so damn long now that I'm pretty much happy that we're even getting anything new. lol

Comment

Trying to read between the lines of what Gibbo (purchasing manager) is saying on OC'ers, these could be very expensive. Obviously in part due to the very poor exchange rate for sterling, but also because Nvidia might be raising RRP's across the range. Not long to go now.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Some people want 4K beyond 60 fps though!

I must say I'm quite tempted by a 2070 or 2080 this time around. The GTX10 series has been around for so damn long now that I'm pretty much happy that we're even getting anything new. lol
                  This - my GTX1080 struggles in 4K with many games when trying to maintain a solid 60 fps, so I usually end up dropping the resolution down. I'm interested in an RTX2080 if it means I can achieve this target.

Of course price will factor into it. Paying £600 for the 1080 I thought was getting into the realms of ridiculous, so if we see £1000 graphics cards I will have to pass unfortunately.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 19-08-2018, 05:17.

Comment

I'm good for at least six more years with my 1080Ti. 60FPS+ at 4K is nice, but I prefer 144fps at 1440p.

By the time 2024 rolls around I guess 240hz @ 8K will be the target.

Comment

Just wondering, I have been on 1080p for god knows how long , for the people who have 4k how big of a difference was it ?

Comment

NHK are broadcasting 8K from December. Might as well skip 4K at this point.

Comment

To benefit from an 8k display you'd need to sit no further than 3ft from a 65" screen, or equivalent I.e. utterly pointless for most uses. I sit about 3ft from a 40" 4k , any further and it may as well be 1080.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                            Just wondering, I have been on 1080p for god knows how long , for the people who have 4k how big of a difference was it ?
                            For me, not so much of a difference. I have a 55" set, sit five meters away and have my glasses replaced every two years. I have to question if things are 4K or not - when sit a lot nearer it's much easier to make out the details (usually when I'm watching SC2 replays).

Higher refresh rates and HDR are where it's at.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              To benefit from an 8k display you'd need to sit no further than 3ft from a 65" screen, or equivalent I.e. utterly pointless for most uses. I sit about 3ft from a 40" 4k , any further and it may as well be 1080.
                              Yeah, I haven’t found a reason to go 4K to be honest. I can kind of maybe sort of see the difference on giant screens and yet I haven’t felt the sharpness actually makes anything look better. 1080p is pretty much perfect for me. Actually, if it weren’t for the compression artefacts on DVDs, I’d say old SD is fine half the time. I haven’t really bought into high resolutions. But after the 4K push and now this 8K news, I can just see that being the next push. Will we see the difference? Nope but many will buy into it. Got to have a new to sell.

Comment

I'd buy a 4K monitor for the desktop real estate, that's it for me. 1080p60 is perfect for me, though I know a younger me would have been going crazy for high Hz monitors for CS. 1080p content obviously looks pixel for pixel on my display too, looks very good.

Though again, money is a factor. The price of monitors and graphics cards is still jarring to me, never seen anything like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X