PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Biggest rip off currently is DDR4 prices, they're still sky high.
    At least you can start with a certain amount (8GB or 16GB) and add later on. You can't do that with other components. High end gaming monitors seem to be the newest rip-off. You're looking at 4-figure amounts for the upcoming 4K/144+Hz/IPS or VA/HDR/Variable Refresh Rate monitors. I don't think it's exaggeration that high-end PC gaming monitors have increased drastically the money you can spend on a display.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    This might make some of you puzzled but I actually sold my 7700K/16GB DDR4/GTX 970 components and downgraded them recently.
    Get it, I came close to selling my Nvidia 1080 during the recent crypto-fueled madness, and even thought about trading down. In the end I realised that running my rig for a few more years was probably the best course.
    Last edited by Digfox; 12-05-2018, 01:56.

Comment

I’m running,

Fx4300 @ 3.8ghz
      16gig ddr3 & 1866mhz
      Gigabyte AMD RX 560 OC 4GB
      Kingston 480gig ssd
      Roc wqhd FreeSync monitor

Itle run chrome, indesign, illustrator, photoshop, Lightroom, in wqhd with no problems at all.

I think computing power for the average user has really reached a plateau where most machines with a dedicated graphics card can do more than most people with be able to push it too.

Comment

Record quarterly revenues for Nvidia: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...t-last-quarter

Probably an another reason why their Graphic card prices will continue to rise.

Comment

Double Kick Heroes:

Comment

One for retro racer fans, Slipstream:

Arcade-style racing game inspired by the spirit of the early 90s, with drifting mechanics and exotic tracks.

Comment

Following on from the recent cull of adultesque visual novels, Valve says moving forward they'll allow anything that's not illegal or trolling.

Comment

Basically reads like they can't be ar$ed. Although curation of their store is not wholly the issue here I don't think this helps Steam moving forward.

Comment

Better tools would be helpful if they can avoid being gamed - the ability to ensure that asset flips never reach recommendations or discovery queues would be good, and bubbling up titles that deserve to be on the front page would be better. Titles with genuine mostly negative feedback should never been seen there, but I often do.

Comment

So, would something like Active Shooter (high school shooting simulator) be removed?
                    UPDATE 30/5/18: Valve has removed controversial school-shooting FPS Active Shooter from Steam, and its developer and pu…

It's not illegal (but probably trolling, I guess).

Comment

Probably under trolling, aye - just like this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...IDS_Simulator/
                      Last edited by MartyG; 07-06-2018, 12:48.

Comment

Well they (Valve) are certainly picking up a lot of criticism for their non-policy:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...responsibility
                        https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...t-and-cowardly

Comment

Well it seems to be working. the media is going crazy hunting for suspect games and valve remove them.
                          I wonder how far this will got though? After all we are living in the age of precious people "The offended" as I like to call them.

Comment

It's not just having games on there that are overtly offensive, it's also having a zero level bar of quality.

It's like having American chickens on the shelves at the supermarkets

Comment

Indeed. I know Totalbiscuit used to talk about instances of games being released without an exe file even. So it's like they don't even do the basic Q&A checking.

Comment

It's the usual complacency of market leaders. They're mistaken if they think they're unassailable and its frankly getting hard to work out what Valve spend their time doing

Comment

Working...
                                X