PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
    Any comment on the performance? I played it quite a bit in various guises but never completed it so was considering picking up the PC version.
    It's working great now, after 18 months of patches

Comment

Yume Nikki getting some sort of official follow up.. after 100+ fan games based on the original RPG maker made madness over the last 14 years. Probably a phone game instead of a steam release, even enough the original did get a release on it this week.

9 mins of recreated nostalgia.

Comment

8 INCREDIBLE GAMING PC BUILDS

Comment

^ That DK PC is great. I've not seen many 1980's inspired designs like that, or least one I can recall.

Has anyone been keeping an eye on PC component prices? I got a real shock when I noticed my graphics card is £750 to £800 on either OCUK or Amazon. I only paid £509 in September. But it also seems RAM is stunningly expensive atm due to similar shortages.

I don't need to upgrade atm, but I hope these prices aren't a new norm. The weaker pound, higher priced CPU's and GPUs were already putting enough of a strain on prices already.

Comment

Blame cryptocurrency.

Comment

Yep

Although also blame memory shortages, greedy OEM board makers, greedy retailers and chip makers for being maxed out on supply or not having new lines.

Either way hope it sorts itself. I remember cashing in on the ATI fueled cryto craze a few years ago (sold an 6950 for £200) but annoyingly mis-timed (a bit) selling my 980Ti.

Comment

For the next day or two Cities: Skylines is free on Steam

Comment

[MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION] - I thought you meant free to add to your Steam account. However it's actually just a free weekend to play the game...Boo!

Last edited by Digfox; 08-02-2018, 12:28.

Comment

It's on sale for £5.74 as part of the free weekend, well worth a look at that price.

Comment

EA's classic sci-fi horror game Dead Space is currently free on PC via Origin.For those poor souls unfamiliar with Dead…

Dead Space is currently free on Origin

Comment

Kingdome come Deliverance is now out, played about an hour but will say probably best to wait, Lots of Bugs, not a fan of the save mechanic (cannot just quick save have to have an item to save) and really inconsistent frame rate will be 60 then drop to sub 20 and had to reduce detail down a lot.

Oh anyone tried Subnautica ? awesome game i thought

Comment

I've seen that pop up on my recommendations list - will probably hold off for now.

And I don't think I'll be buying games for Insel Games on Steam any time soon, given Valve removed them because the boss man was an asshat: https://kotaku.com/valve-pulls-devel...own-1822995829

Steam sale on starting today (15th) until the 19th Feb.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 15-02-2018, 20:20.

Comment

Grabbed Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code for a fiver, 75% off. Thought that was a good deal.

Comment

Thems Fighting herds is out this Thursday

Comment

No idea this was coming out at all http://store.steampowered.com/app/62...bat_Commander/

Comment

Working...
                                X