No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition and Dead Cells. Thinking of picking up My Time at Portia, but I probably should play these two first.

Comment

Grabbed Koihime Enbu and Under Night In-Birth this morning oops

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Somebody tell me what to buy in the Steam sale, please. I’m struggling.
        What genre? Pyre is well worth a look if you like RPGs.

Comment

I don’t even know what genre! That looks pretty good but it could be long. Maybe I want short... I don’t know. I’m failing at the Steam sale.

Comment

Somebody tell me what to buy in the Steam sale, please. I’m struggling.
            Here’s a few to take a look at, if you haven’t already.

Stories Untold

LISA

Observer

The Red Strings Club

A case of distrust

Comment

I don’t even know what genre! That looks pretty good but it could be long. Maybe I want short... I don’t know. I’m failing at the Steam sale.
              Take a look at Enter The Gungeon, it's a fabulous combination of twitch shooter and rogue lite.

Comment

Thanks guys. Some really interesting picks there and I hadn’t heard of any of them. Stories Untold and A Case Of Distrust look up my street in particular. That Red Strings Club looks lovely too. Enter the Gungeon looks like a lot of fun. The ‘bullet hell’ description makes me wonder if I have the skills for it any more but the style looks fun. Going to check these out more! Really appreciate the recommendations. I’ll let you know if I take the plunge.

Comment

Picked up Vampire the Masquerade and put the community patch on it. The controls are a bit clunky, but it seems to be a pretty decent RPG. I never did play this back at its release, so at under £4 it's a bit of a steal. You need to install that patch though to get rid of the bugs left there by the devs.

Also picked up Unepic which is quite a nice humorous RPGlite platformer, good deal at £3.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 25-06-2018, 11:35.

Comment

Valley is a nice little FPS jumping around type of an affair £2.99
                    Explore the vast and beautiful world of Valley using the power of the L.E.A.F. suit: a fierce exoskeleton that grants exceptional speed and agility along with the phenomenal ability to manipulate the life and death of all living things.

Comment

Right, definitely done with the Steam Sale now, busted through my allotted budget.

I've been meaning to pick up Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice for a while now to support the "AA" middle ground and single player experience. Although given they've been bought up by Microsoft it doesn't really matter.

Also picked up Finding Paradise, which I've had on the wishlist for a while. Now I just need to find time to play all these games, but given I seem to be mostly playing Slay the Spire and Open Transport Tycoon, this spending spree was a touch unnecessary.

Comment

MS project andromeda gets leaked. I like this, it’s sexy as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...ice-pocketable
                          Oh cool...….. I'll make a space for it next to my Zune

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...ice-pocketable
                            I look forward to thinking I’ll buy the third iteration or so if it gets good only for it to just fade away.

Comment

God bless MS, they do love their doomed offshoots

Comment

21 games available to Amazon Prime members on Twitch Prime this month, including

Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition: July 2-4
                                Metal Slug 3: July 3 - August 2
                                The Last Blade: July 3 - August 2
                                Twinkle Star Sprites: July 3 - August 2
                                Q.U.B.E. 2: July 3-4
                                Battle Chef Brigade: July 4-11
                                Manual Samuel: July 5-12
                                Gonner: July 6-13
                                Next Up Hero: July 7-14
                                Uurnog Uurnlimited: July 8-14
                                Hue: July 9-15
                                Deponia Doomsday: July 10-16
                                Observer: July 11-17
                                Tacoma: July 12-18
                                The Bridge: July 13-26
                                Brutal Legend: July 14-27
                                The Red Strings Club: July 15-21
                                Tyranny: July 16-18
                                Broken Age: July 17-31
                                The Framed Collection: July 18-31
                                Serial Cleaner: July 18-31

You have to add them to your Twitch account within those limited dates and they're for keeps even if you cancel prime. You have to install them via the Twitch App (it's actually not too bad, especially if you watch a lot of Twitch broadcasts).

The Red Strings Club is well worth a look.

source
                                Last edited by MartyG; 04-07-2018, 07:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X