Xbox One : Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
    And that's been trimmed to 15GB, wasn't it something like 40GB when announced the other day.
    It was 20gb

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      Sunset OverDrive is 26GB and I think Forza is about 36GB

Capped broadband is the devil, I would hate it if I couldn't download and stream what I wanted/needed.
      Totally agree, and I don't really think capped broadband is an option for gamers anymore. I understand a large update is a pain, but I think we will see much more of this in the future.

Comment

I think I had used 260Gb of data through my Xbox last month, that's a combination of downloading, online play and video streaming.

Comment

The internet connection is a bit of a worry for me.. I've got a 6.5 meg line (uncapped), which I get full whack on from about midnight to 4:30pm, then dies form 4:30 th peaking at about .5Mb/s between 4:30 and 11pm. The idea of buying a game, then having to wait a day or 2 for downloads/patches etc really sucks.

Oh and the reason is that I live in a village with a dedicated BT switch, but with a criminally crap backhaul. Probably 2016 before we see fibre. ffs. I quite fancied streaming and all that.
          Last edited by k0pp0; 06-11-2014, 19:26.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
            Oh and the reason is that I live in a village with a dedicated BT switch, but with a criminally crap backhaul. Probably 2016 before we see fibre. ffs. I quite fancied streaming and all that.
            I feel sorry for you man. It's like being back in 1998 or something.

Comment

It's why the value of property in places like that is plummeting, body wants to live somewhere without proper network infrastructure. Even worse if you don't have a phone signal

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                I'm more worried about my crap internet than caps, Sky was around 6mbit last night and was struggling on 64 player BF maps. whine.
                This was a huge issue to me until recently. Steam is amazingly fast, but with a 3.5mbit connection that doesn't matter. Friends would suggest playing a new game on a Friday and I wouldn't be able to join them until Saturday night and even that meant leaving my PC on overnight. These days 80 have 80mbit so it's all good.

Comment

Well I thought the white Xbox bundle I got was a good deal, this however is nuts!

Xbox One + Halo + CoD AW + Forza 5 ?349.99

Why such mad bundles though? Are MS struggling that much?

Comment

Xmas is a great time to try and catch up. They have some games at least and without kinect an xbox must cost less to make that a ps4. They have shedloads of cash so can afford to do whatever it takes to catch up. Good recovery I say.

Comment

I think they are just going for the jugular as they are in a really good place games wise and and chipping away at the hardcore gaming population due to it, tie that in with some stellar deals and you'd be silly not to get one right now.

Comment

If I didn't have a pc I'd even be tempted.

Comment

MS have turned it around big style. Even I want one!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            MS have turned it around big style. Even I want one!
                            Damn modern gen sympathisers...

Comment

So guesses till XboxOneS announced? Maybe at E3?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                So guesses till XboxOneS announced? Maybe at E3?
                                Something like that, I hope so anyway. It's a horrible looking machine!

Comment

Working...
                                X