Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to contain the leak WB has officially released the trailer:

Comment

Gone from not caring to interested to mildly hyped!
      Will Smith will still manage to ruin this somehow though.
      Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 14-07-2015, 09:52.

Comment

I agree, love the joker look, complete faith in Letos performance but none in Will Smith.

Comment

Skimming through this thread of who's in and who's out, in, out, in out, is starting to make it sound like The Hokey Cokey.

Originally posted by bash View Post
          I agree, love the joker look
          Yeah, Joker is looking good!
          [hide][/hide]

Comment

I take it you dont like the grill? Actually easier to imagine if you think Batman probably smashed his teeth in on more than one occasion

Comment

It just seems an odd choice when there are so many professional dentists that can replace teeth with natural looking replacements.

I'm joking, they're fine. Teeth like that just remind me of Richard Kiel, Goldie and rappers.

Comment

Is emo still a thing in the civilised world?

Cos by god, that was emo.

Comment

New cast image released:

Comment

Poster is out for Suicide Squad

Comment

And a second poster:

Comment

I'm going to make an unfavourable prediction here:

I think this is the movie which, when looked back upon in 2018, critics will say was the point that superhero movies "jumped the shark".

Ensemble movies are difficult, especially when the relative fame/personas of the ensemble are not consistent.
                        This is the first big billed super-hero/villain movie in a long time (with more on the way) where the mainstream will have to look it up on wikipedia
                        The mainstream might not react so well to the new Jared Leto Joker, irrespective of his performance - plus its the first part of the Batman universe reboot since the Begins... trilogy

I make the above judgements based on very little evidence; it's just a gut feeling. I hope I'm going to be wrong and this will be an amazing film, because there's certainly capacity for it to be.

Comment

The first? What about Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy? Actually with this new trailer, they seem to be going for a similar vibe in the marketing. But it looks total pants to me. Where Guardians felt fresh and natural, this looks like a movie made by boardroom to me. I could be completely wrong, of course, but it's just the feeling I get based on what we've seen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            The first? What about Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy?
                            My experience of Guardians of the Galaxy is that it was quite seperate to the rest of the franchise. It was a Marvel movie, but it didn't feature any specific named characters with which most people would be familiar.

I just feel with Suicide Squad, there are two imbalances as part of the ensemble:

>> Joker (and possibly Harley Quinn) are much better known that the other characters
                            >> Will Smith is in a different category, by Hollywood standards, to the rest of the cast

That creates a situation for me which will present a challenge for scripting and directing. The Avengers was an ensemble, but we had several films to build them up beforehand. Guardians was an ensemble, but it was a smaller group who were all unknown.

Comment

Unless you were following the marketing for this movie, I'm not even sure many would notice that it features the Joker. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Unless you were following the marketing for this movie, I'm not even sure many would notice that it features the Joker. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing...
                                Well he's on one of the posters on the previous page.

Comment

Working...
                                X