X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****ing Microsoft

Comment

Aye it seems he was always after more money from the start

You can list anything on ebay and cancel it with no issues - you get an option of around 6 things and one of them being item was damaged

But it's a minefield if you sell it to someone then state it's broken because nowadays that will be a negative feedback from the buyer

Sounds like a bit of a ***

Comment

If what you've said is 100% true then he sounds a complete ****, over less than ?100? Money never comes between REAL friends or family. Whenever theres a financial test then you know the worth of the person/people involved. I think it was the Million Dollar Man who said everyone has a price. Whilst I dont believe that to be right for everyone (there are still genuine people out there) its certainly is relevant to most of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
          Its not even about the money, as I said I'm not too bothered about the system being sold or how much he got for it, what I'm pissed about is that he made an agreement which he broke and he put up games that are linked to my account up as selling points for a console without even asking me.
          Exactly, he's obviously more concerned about the money than your feelings or your details.....and you gotta think to yourself "wow he'd be this much of an ass over ?90 what would he be like over more"

Bad friends, once they have gone you realize you really don't miss them.

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
            Funnily enough, I had a similar experience with a 'mate' over a 360 too. He was skint, so i lent him mine as i wasn't using it, until he could buy one, or we agreed he could just buy mine for ?50 when he could afford to.

Months went by, and I found out he broke it, so he then offered to sort me out with the ?50 agreed, as I was pretty broke by then.
            Months passed again, after pestering him for the money countless times, he blocked me on facebook, ignored me, didnt pay and essentially ended our friendship....over ?50.

Moral of these stories....360s end friendships.
            I lent a girl I know/knew ?30 so that she could book flights to attend an anime convention. I was feeling generous for some reason.

Never spoken to me since and has deleted me from all social profile things.

Gratitude.

Comment

Personally don't think you have overreacted. Doesn't sound like a friend at all.

For me the important thing now, would be to regain control of the Microsoft account and if you can migrate the licenses to another 360. However to do so you'll need serial numbers for both machines.

Comment

It makes me laugh this whole "They deleted me from Facebook" stuff. I wish that thing had never been invented, utter pish.

Comment

Doesn't sound like a friend to me either.

If it were me I'd do everything I could now to deactivate the account so he gets bad feedback then when he moans act like it was nothing.

or kick off if he acts like the twat he sounds and throw him through a chip shop window.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    It makes me laugh this whole "They deleted me from Facebook" stuff. I wish that thing had never been invented, utter pish.
                    100% this. It's the twats weapon of choice for in-direct confrontation nowadays.

Comment

Facebook is fine. It's the dicks you add after one random meeting of vague thing in common.

As for the mate thing, call me cynical but I wouldn't lend anyone anything with private data. I've seen too many so called friendships sour out of knowhere. Money lending kept to a minimum too. I obviously dont distrust my friends and happy to help when I can but you can never be too careful.
                      Last edited by nakamura; 28-09-2014, 21:12.

Comment

I'm the only person I know other than my old dear who isn't on it, it's like a virus.

Comment

I'm on it Colin but in reality it's no different to a forum. A forum is a social network, is it not?

I use mine mainly for sharing photos. It's handy.

Comment

I was on it, after about two or three months I deleted all my information, I really do feel it's adding to the dumbing down of society. This place is like mensa in comparison.

Comment

Everyone on my Facebook seems so affluent and content with their life.

Stark contrast to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                I was on it, after about two or three months I deleted all my information, I really do feel it's adding to the dumbing down of society. This place is like mensa in comparison.
                                I would suggest it's highlighting the dumb society we already live in! Much like UKIP bringing out the racists and football bringing out nasty tribal behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                                X