GBA Everdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxhead View Post
    Goddamn it. I just bought an EZ flash IV. It's ok but a lot of the roms don't seem to work.

As long as this isn't too expensive, I'll probably buy it.
    EZF has fairly decent compatibility as far I remember, you just have to make sure you patch all the titles and remember that certain titles only save if they are titled in a 7+3 format (so no long filenames on SMW) and it can get a bit finicky on the type of card your using especially if its a microSD in a miniSD adaptor.

I suppose all of that is also the reason I'm looking forward to the Everdrive as well as how quick the ROMs load in the videos krikzzs has shared.

Comment

Biggest issue with the EZ Flash IV is that it kills the GBA's battery. If the Everdrive can improve on that then I'd be interested.

Comment

I hope this is as good as the other Everdrives. I really don't get on with EZ Flash. If I remember correctly you have to patch the roms to get them to work, and it's not very compatible with Macs

Comment

yeah, its possible to get most of the games working with the exception of mother 3 that won't work at all. ever.

I just don't really want to spend 20 hours renaming files, patching stuff, locating the exact rom needed for the patching, downloading weird programs from websites I can't read etc etc etc.

Drag and drop!

Comment

EZ Flash 3-in-1 for the DS is by far the best of the EZ devices. None of this patching nonsense needed, and the in-built RAM helped power DS flashcart homebrew to run better.

Nevertheless, I'm expecting a quality product from Krikzz given his reputation with the other Everdrive devices.

Comment

Quite an old thread but I guess that's better than making a new one.
              Just done reviewing the new GBA ZX Flash Omega. It features quite a few cool extras not normally seen on a flash cartridge.

Comment

Krikkz has now launched the EverDrive GBA X5 Mini, for anyone that didn't like how the X5 stuck out of the unit. Didn't really bother me but a flush solution should suit a Micro pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                X