Fantastic Beasts II: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic Beasts II: The Crimes of Grindelwald

On top of announcing its DC superhero movie slate at an investor meeting this morning, Warner Bros.’ Chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara also confirmed some of the dates for the studio’s other projects. First up, the LEGO “Ninjago” movie will hit in 2016 followed by “The LEGO Batman Movie” in 2017 and the full fledged […]

Another of WB's confirmations is that the first film in the Harry Potter spin-off series will release in 2016. Subsequent entries will launch in 2018 and 2020 respectively.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 21-07-2018, 21:59.

Initial trailer is out

Comment

Can't help but feel cynical about this.

Comment

I'm cautious over it being spread out into a trilogy rather than just have one simple film. Potter's weakest entry was due to the milking approach, not at all keen on the miserably bleak colour tint used like the later HP films also.

Hopefully it has a decent sense of fun, given the simple nature of the franchise

Comment

How does this sit with the harry potter movies? I get its the same world and before the harry potter story happened but are we likely to see characters from potter just younger? Or even the first time Voldemort was about?

Comment

I think it's about 80 years prior and in New York.

I did like the darker filters on the later Potter movies because it suited the tone of them. They were darker by tone in the books.

Comment

From what I can gather it's set around 60yrs before so doesn't have much direct connection

Comment

Trailer for the second film:

Looks as competent as the last one. I just find it so very hard to care about these spin-offs

Comment

Critical reaction is in for “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” and it’s not good. This second entry in the “Harry Potter” prequel series is officially the lowest-rated entry in any film in the ‘Potter’ franchise to date. With 38 reviews counted, the film sits at 58% positive with an average rating of 6.4/10 on […]

The new film gets the lowest review ratings of the entire ten film franchise

Comment

Working...
                  X