No announcement yet.

New round of Nexus devices - 9, Player, 6 - and Lollipop OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same boat here. I've tried uninstalling a bunch of things but it's not made a big difference (I have 1 screen of apps now). Showing it's age sadly.

Comment

Faffed around with chromecast today with my n7. Interesting bit of kit, can't seem to turn it off and it heats up nicely while on...$39 it cost and I got $20 credit on Google Play to spend on w/e so not a bad purchase.

Comment

On Lollipop with my Nexus 4 now and I just hate Material Design. There needs to be an equivalent to Windows Classic mode for people like me. Getting rid of the Gallery app is annoying, as are the reduced options available from the power button. The bloody lock screen needs a gesture just to get to the PIN keypad as well now.

Total disaster. I'd go back to KitKat in a heartbeat, or I might try Cyanogenmod.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          Faffed around with chromecast today with my n7. Interesting bit of kit, can't seem to turn it off and it heats up nicely while on...$39 it cost and I got $20 credit on Google Play to spend on w/e so not a bad purchase.
          Mine got so hot it actually melted after I watched 1 film!. Trying to get a refund was so annoying I gave up.

Comment

Yeah, that double motion lock screen - what the....
            Cyanogenmod is working on lollipop now (v12). The v11 is pretty much on lockdown apart from security issues, so should be stable to try. There appear to still be a couple of issues for the S4 mini though so I'm going to hang on in there for a while longer and see what happens.

Comment

And here I was thinking I could finally have my own cyborg Rutger Hauer...

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                On Lollipop with my Nexus 4 now and I just hate Material Design. There needs to be an equivalent to Windows Classic mode for people like me. Getting rid of the Gallery app is annoying, as are the reduced options available from the power button. The bloody lock screen needs a gesture just to get to the PIN keypad as well now.

Total disaster. I'd go back to KitKat in a heartbeat, or I might try Cyanogenmod.
                As I posted before, you can use links above to restore older os. Is it the material design of the keyboard you don't like? You can change that back to 4.4-esque holo in settings menu.

Comment

That was the first thing I did. Does downgrading result in being pestered for OTA updates?

Comment

Probably. At least you can just ignore it.

Just a word of warning, using the factory images WILL erase all the data on your device.
                    Last edited by kryss; 04-12-2014, 20:31.

Comment

Working...
                    X