No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine. Well it's the publisher's space to decide what platform it's on. So I guess all is as it should be.

Comment

Lack of features doesn't bother me, GOG Galaxy still doesn't let you remove people from your friends list and I use that.

I like Steam and I like GOG, I don't need anything more than that. I did used to have a Direct2Drive account (they had some cool exclusives at the time like SWAT 4) before they were purchased by another company and I lost my games library. That was fun.

I think what people find irksome is being "forced" to use Epic's service via exclusives. It hasn't been earned as it were.

For me personally, I'll use it if need be and then drop the launcher the moment I'm done with the game in question. I did that with Mass Effect 3 on Origin and The Division 2 on Uplay. It'll be the same with DOOM Eternal on Bethesda's abomination of a launcher as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        DOOM Eternal
        Bethesda did a u-turn on their PC launcher, so DOOM Eternal will be on Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
          Bethesda did a u-turn on their PC launcher, so DOOM Eternal will be on Steam.
          Oh cool, that's good to know

Comment

Personally, I don't think this is the kind of project that should have gone to Kickstarter.

That E3 reveal - "Hey guys! We've got Shenmue III (if you Kickstart it)!"

Comment

Indeed. At least it's coming I suppose. I was reading up on that Peachy Printer and 90's Arcade Racer last night. Not matter how you slice it for the former KS campaign; 3 years on and the backers basically gave several hundred $US to help one of the backers build their own house. And they got away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Personally, I don't think this is the kind of project that should have gone to Kickstarter.

That E3 reveal - "Hey guys! We've got Shenmue III (if you Kickstart it)!"
                I call it Executive Begging. Where people with money have literally figured out how to get it for free and skip the whole pesky, selling and actual product, stage.

Makes me want to throw up.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-06-2019, 12:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                  Indeed. At least it's coming I suppose. I was reading up on that Peachy Printer and 90's Arcade Racer last night. Not matter how you slice it for the former KS campaign; 3 years on and the backers basically gave several hundred $US to help one of the backers build their own house. And they got away with it.
                  Would be a shame if all the backers came and got their money back one night by dismantling it while he slept 😏

Comment

My hit rate when it comes to crowdfunding is mostly hit

Looking at Kickstarters and indiegogo i have backed here are the hits

ARCANA HEART 3 LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!! |
                    SkullGirls
                    Thems Fightin herds
                    Crosscode
                    Code: HARDCORE
                    BATTLETECH
                    Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan
                    EVERSPACE
                    The Bards Tale IV
                    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (unless something catastrophic happens in the next few weeks)
                    Yooka-Laylee
                    Slain!
                    Kingdom Come: Deliverance
                    Project Nimbus
                    Torment: Tides of Numenera
                    Project Eternity
                    Grim Dawn
                    Satellite Reign
                    Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm Bit of a strange one this one, it is a hit in my eyes as they released the game and is a complete game but they
                    did not fulfill all their promises as lacking in polish and they never implemented GGPO which they promised

Here is the still Wip

Edge Of Eternity which gets game build updates very regularly
                    Umbra (called Wolcen on steam now) again updated
                    Indivisible only demo released so far but i have faith in this one

Now for my Misses

90s Arcade racer
                    Beasts fury
                    Reven
                    Boma Naraka Sura

Got to be honest though If a crowdfunded game is something that only would exist because of crowdfunding i would back it, i know a few times Kickstarter has been used so the developer can show the publisher their is a market for the game........if that is what is needed for the game to exist i am ok with that
                    Last edited by eastyy; 12-06-2019, 10:43.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Would be a shame if all the backers came and got their money back one night by dismantling it while he slept ��
                      Just wierd how nothing came of the law enforcement investigations. Horrible story and advert for Kickstarter and it is still there in all its glory.

Comment

It's mainly board games that I've backed as the vast majority of video game Kickstarters are for PC, which I don't have.

I've also been pretty lucky in that I've never had a project not arrive, but I've had a couple ridiculously delayed (years).

When it works, it's amazing, but it's open to abuse from companies that really are too big to be using the Kickstarter platform, but KS aren't going to discourage them, they're going to want their cut (5-10%) of those multi-million dollar campaigns that those piddly little one-man-band efforts, no siree.

Also, how do you police who can and can't sign up based on their size? You can't, really.

However, I do think Kickstarter are onto a winner. They clearly state it's not a pre-order system and stuff happens, also don't sue us, sue them, but also allow campaigns to say "YOU UNDERSTAND AND HEREBY AGREE THAT YOU HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL", even if it's not in the original proposition.

So, although I've backed loads of projects, I'm still very cautious of the platform.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          They clearly state it's not a pre-order system and stuff happens.
                          And that's exactly what it was set up for. It's a pretty poor proposition too because essentially you're investing in a company, or team or product while having no return on that. Back Oculus, they get bought by Facebook and you don't get anything. Whereas if you were an actual investor, you'd get a return on your investment.

Like you, I don't feel it should be used by big companies who could pony up the cash or raise that investment themselves. It feels wrong. As a platform to support the little guy and the niche long shots, great. But even then, the risk is very clear - it's not a 'buy' button. You're backing them and it might work and you can hope you get your reward. Like donating to a church and hoping you go to heaven rather than them paying for a boat and legal fees due to all the dodgy stuff they get up to.

Comment

The anticipated third game in the Shenmue series is finally coming this November, after another delay. But fans hoping for a conclusion to Ryo's quest for ve...

Completing Shenmue III will mean you're 40% of the way through Ryo's story... and never to get further

Comment

Somebody needs to give him a good kick up the backside and tell him to finish his game and none of his nonsense.

Comment

Nearly 20 years on, fans have dug into the games coding and found a hidden move in Shenmue 1

Comment

Working...
                                X