Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Well played Blair. That fight should change your perception of the game, letting you destroy pretty much anybody now.
    You are totally right. Everything seems quite relaxed now and that centipede bell end went down in less than a minute, first time. Also managed to dispel the four monkeys without any hassle too.

Great evening of progress

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
      You are totally right. Everything seems quite relaxed now and that centipede bell end went down in less than a minute, first time. Also managed to dispel the four monkeys without any hassle too.

Great evening of progress
      This was about the time when I restarted. Cheating maybe, but after that fight; I ran through the entire game as though I had an invincibility poke. Sekiro is not Souls. Far removed in fact. Once you realise how it works, you are invincible. Saint Sword excluded, because he is a dick. Lol
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        This was about the time when I restarted. Cheating maybe, but after that fight; I ran through the entire game as though I had an invincibility poke. Sekiro is not Souls. Far removed in fact. Once you realise how it works, you are invincible. Saint Sword excluded, because he is a dick. Lol
        I will reserve my cussing until I get to him then!

I had a long weekend away but had a few hours last night where I managed to get myself to the

Guardian Ape

so had a few tries at him. Doesn't seem that bad, just powerful. I reckon a few more cautious attempts and he will also fall. That whole area feels like it is one of the most densely populated and toxic areas in the game so far though.

Oh and

big old snake

came back but didn't kill me, I just swam away...

Comment

Daily update time!

After learning how to bait the

guardian ape

into performing an overhead smash in phase 2 this became a straightforward ish affair.... Took a while but them when I found

him again along with his bird

I was strong enough that it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it might be!

Very nice layering of bosses, it actually demonstrates your own progress to yourself, you can see how you improve from one fight to the next. I skipped past a bad looking

purple warrior, not a headless

so I will have to go back to him as I'm currently messing around in the [SPOILER]Mibu village[SPOILER] with what seems like an endless army of

As much as I love Dark Souls this is now tipping towards being my favourite FS game, even better than Demons Souls all those years ago...

Comment

I'd save the enemy's that require divine confetti (headless and his buddys) till the end of the game its in very short supply on your first play through and becomes purchasable from vendors in the end game. You also will probably have prosthetic tools that make these fights a lot easier by then.

I'd agree with you on this being Fromsofts best, as much as i love dark souls and bloodborne this just blows them away for me. It's hard to put a finger on what makes it special but if i was to break it down id say the following are what i like most about the game.

• The Tenchu like stealth gameplay.
            • The parry dodge and counter system that require you to learn and grow as a player.
            • Amazing level design that aids the storytelling.
            • Epic boss battles, that require you to step up no summoning no help via multiplayer just you and your skills.
            •Actual cinematics that aid the story telling as well as in game lore and story via npcs.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 08-05-2019, 10:15.

Comment

Slightly slower progress last night.

Picked up a key item that in classic From Software fashion changed the game world.

New bosses all over the shop and the super powerful

Lardy Owl Dad

to take down next but I want some more Prayer Beads if possible.

Have started to tackle some of the purple enemies now that I know where you can farm Divine Confetti. It helps A LOT.

Another step up in difficulty to get used to though for sure.

Comment

I found that the purple fan that blocks terror build up is really good against the warriors, you can also add the skill that lets you use a follow up attack to get damage on them without using confetti.

Comment

Another solid night of learning and progress.

I have done some research to make sure I don;t get locked out of the bad ending the first time round as I understand that limits your ability to go for additional bosses and therefore extra NINJA POWER.

So I ran around a lot when fighting

Owl after I decided not to side with him

and then pottered about in the Hirata Estate again until

finding him again where he kicked my arse HARD

So I have a question for all the Shinobi masters here, late in the game

what can / should I do to make this fight a little easier on myself? I feel like I need a boost but it isn't totally clear what I can and can;t do to carry on a get as much from my first playthrough as I can

One nice thing and again, back to the personal improvement point, the regular purple ninjas now pose little problem when you know how to fight them properly. If ever there were time for a new genre than puzzle action fighting game would be my moniker.

Comment

Personally I found that to be one of the hardest fights - aside from studying how to react to each of his moves, the main thing I'd say is to leave it as late as possible. You'll want as many prayer beads and memories as you can possibly get, and assuming you've gone straight to that after your last fight with him there are definitely other things you should prioritise above it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      Personally I found that to be one of the hardest fights - aside from studying how to react to each of his moves, the main thing I'd say is to leave it as late as possible. You'll want as many prayer beads and memories as you can possibly get, and assuming you've gone straight to that after your last fight with him there are definitely other things you should prioritise above it.
                      It does seem challenging.

Thanks Fuse, back to the

Fountainhead Palace for me then, I took out the True Corrupted Monk already so I'll actually go explore the area.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

I've since looked at how to get the better ending its quite convoluted so didn't do it on my first run through despite getting all the bits i needed by killing the snakes, I did find the demon of hatred and he was bad enough. I will do a second run to get the better ending as well as third to get the bad ending too.

I'm really not looking forward to fighting him looks to be a real pain. one thing that Ive not seen mentioned is do snap seeds get rid of that bloody owl thing, as there supposed to get rid of illusions aren't they?
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 10-05-2019, 09:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          I've since looked at how to get the better ending its quite convoluted so didn't do it on my first run through despite getting all the bits i needed by killing the snakes, I did find the demon of hatred and he was bad enough. I will do a second run to get the better ending as well as third to get the bad ending too.

I'm really not looking forward to fighting him looks to be a real pain. one thing that Ive not seen mentioned is do snap seeds get rid of that bloody owl thing, as there supposed to get rid of illusions aren't they?
                          They definatley work on illusion enemies

Lady Butterfly and Spirit Corrupted Monk but I don't know about Owl yet...

Comment

Tips for Owl Father:

- At the very start of the fight you can get two to four free hits in while he is turning round - use Divine Confetti + Ako's sugar beforehand to maximise the amount of damage from these free hits.
                            - Try to keep close to him at all times. When he jumps away, immediately run towards him.
                            - When he uses firecrackers, don't back off - instead move towards him them dodge behind him to get hits in.
                            - When he raises his sword and holds it there for a second, don't dodge - instead you can get two hits in, then dodge behind him when he slams, and get another hit or two in. If you try to dodge this too early he will do another follow-up move instead that is harder to dodge and you won't be able to get any hits in.
                            - When he disappears at the start of phase 2, use this gap in the fight to reapply Divine Confetti and Gokan’s sugar.

Comment

Owl Father can do one.

Comment

I felt like that fighting the ealier Great owl I just beat him by the skin of my teeth after a very annoying few hours, it didn't feel satisfying it just felt like luck and perseverance.

His reach and his ability to posture break you so easily set me up for fails over and over, i was glad to see the back of him. The fact that in his second fight his firecracker prosthetic sets you up for massive damage stuns you and is pretty much an instant death if your caught in it is not good game design. it irks me that your firecracker is designed to startle not damage too so it doesn't make sense.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 13-05-2019, 14:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X