No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get one then [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]?

Comment

I got the Christmas edition , 15,000 only so it might go up in value or down depends how you see it,, it’s horrible and red with Christmas stickers to put on, but I love it .

Comment

Less then £80 at 365Games:

BOOM

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          Did you get one then @Colin?
          I did.

As a gift I can't complain about the thought that went in to it. It was Neo related after all, and it was even the Japanese version I received. I've only had a very brief play of Garou on it and it's actually a shame how it's turned out. The games surprisingly look great on the wee screen, but even though I managed to pull off all the moves, the stick is just bloody awful. Anyway, it was a nice thought, and I know it was bought for a reasonable amount.

Comment

The strange thing is the Christmas edition has 8 more games , and come with 2 controllers and a hdmi cable, it’s just much better value in all, but a real kick in the teeth to people who bought the other version , and typical of SNK

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              the stick is just bloody awful.
              It's amazing to think that someone designed it that badly and the people in charge accepted it.
              What a bunch of morons.

If it had been a nice big tabletop with a decent stick and buttons, I would probably have bought one, even if it cost over £200. I'm really fond of the 'Neo Geo' brand, so it's a huge shame that SNK didn't deliver something far better.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                it's a huge shame that SNK didn't deliver something far better.
                I think the sad fact is that the mad, creative SNK of the 1990s has long since passed. What we're left with is a bit of a corporate shell with a good brand on it's books. I'm sure most of us on here could come up with something far better that would be far closer to what fans of the system want to see. Sadly, it's probably been designed by a committee who have little passion for the original games.

Comment

Pimoroni do a mini arcade flat pack kit for £150. I consider this an acceptable size for a "mini". You just need to add you own Pi. Then if you want you could modify further. I put Sanwa stick and buttons in mine, with Retropie, plus it was so easy to put together. Even changed the artwork. I just need a larger screen.

These Neo Geo minis look like they need controllers hooked up to really get enjoyment from them. That Merry Christmas artwork one is so funny though.

Last edited by hudson; 27-12-2018, 12:07.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    I put Sanwa stick and buttons in mine,
                    Looks really nice, but I'd definitely want a larger screen.

Comment

I've been working on a little project that has Neo Geo marquee and credit lights working with a Pi... and am thinking of getting it into something of a similar size to that nice pimoroni kit.

Comment

I got one of these and I don't get the hate. Its a rather nice device with a good screen and more importantly pretty much perfect emulation, I also like the way the joystick lights up when powered on too. Maybe over priced at the start, but nice now just wish we had a proper CRT style filter

Comment

Had a giggle when i saw this on amazon J, a moneybox attachment for yo to stand your neo mini on.

Comment

So following on from the truly garish Xmas Edition, China’s getting the A.C.E version... which appears to be something to do with Xiaomi, the phone brand.

Comment

It's not as bad as the Christmas version but still quite ugly.

Comment

My wife got me one of these for my birthday and its pretty fun little system and nowhere near as bad as is being made out, the screen on it is perfect and the controls are responsive and solid feeling. it's never going to replace the original system but it feels like a quality fun little item to have on your desk . i was surprised by the in-built joystick and i found it super easy to pull off moves in the many fighting games.

game selcation feels good but i feel its missing, puzzle bobble, baseball stars, Neo Turf master, and Neo drift out.

Sound on the other hand is not great and it really dose feel like it's been skimped on in this regard the sound controls are handled in quite big increments too, it jumps from to quiet to to loud with no fine tuning. There is a softness to the emulation on the TV but its playable with no real lag, my custom pie set up with full size Neo joystick is a lot better for playing on the big screen though.

Overall despite the above issues its fun, its got nostalgia by the bucket-load and I was really surprised by the quality of the controls and screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X