Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    18 years dudes. The forum is now an adult 🤣
    Basically my only online hangout, the last dying light of sensibility left on the internet.

The gentleman’s cigar basement club of forums.

Here’s to making it to a mid life crisis chaps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      When you're suddenly swept over with a wind of appreciation for something, in this case [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] for keeping the Borderdown candlelights burning all these years. Other sites and the dying lights of the days of forums really make you appreciate this little corner.
      Moving to r/BordersDown to keep costs down!

Comment

Watching my two nieces play astrobot for the first time. Awesome.

Comment

Connery's kills at the start. So elegantly Bond. I have transferred from Moore (apols, Sir Rog, up in the heavenly wings of the cosmic theatre). RIP Sir Rog. But watch it, mate. On YouTube, up in heaven. You're a reasonable bloke, Sir Rog.

Watch the first minute at least of that vid and realise you could never kick arse like Sean could. NEVAAAAH.

I know you've died, Sir Roger, and you probably won't respond to my message.

But Sean Connery still is...and still can.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            Corrected.

I have a Marvel wallet.
            I have two Marvel wallets.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
              I have two Marvel wallets.
              Whey fammydodd

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

Connery's kills at the start. So elegantly Bond. I have transferred from Moore (apols, Sir Rog, up in the heavenly wings of the cosmic theatre). RIP Sir Rog. But watch it, mate. On YouTube, up in heaven. You're a reasonable bloke, Sir Rog.

Watch the first minute at least of that vid and realise you could never kick arse like Sean could. NEVAAAAH.

I know you've died, Sir Roger, and you probably won't respond to my message.

But Sean Connery still is...and still can.
                And still won’t

Comment

Watching old films on the big screen.

I saw Predator on Saturday and it was awesome! I was too young when it came out so it was great to finally have the chance to see it this way.

https://www.ourscreen.com/ for anyone that's interested.

Comment

Was smiling t'other night (I know I'm late to the party) when I learned DIE HARD was the intended sequel to COMMANDO. It's just Schwarzenegger refused a second outing and they had to drastically rewrite it.

I propose it's a trilogy. And it kicks off with 48hrs.

48hrs is an uberfuccinsexaaaay, tight-as-Mother-Theresa's-holes 80s cult badass adult action thriller with amazingly moodily aggressive James Horner marimba/bongo choonz that make one wanna wage a funky/sexy private war.

COMMANDO retains EXACTLY the vibe from 48hrs but 'refines' it (ie. cuts pretty much all the fat and just waves its action knob about like a big 70s Toblerone).

It also waves its big marimba/bongo knob about, in terms of the music. It sounds EXACTLY like the 48hrs offcuts. But like they'd cut even better music from the official soundtrack. What amazing music COMMANDO possesses!!!)

DIE HARD just refines everything. And adds Willis. Deletes Schwarzenegg. But it's the same vicious action vibe.

3 movies. My trilogy:

>48hrs
                    >>Commando
                    >>>Die Hard

(COMMANDO has the best choonage, btw.)
                    Last edited by JazzFunk; 03-09-2019, 02:48.

Comment

Though the. Boooooys. Aaare. Baack. Iiiiinnn. Toooooownn....

Comment

Got pissed, left my YouTube playing and THIS came up:

Comment

Don't even know who this pineapple-haired caahnt is but his smooth jazz made me smile

Comment

Timestamp checks out.

Comment

When your game from CEX is factory sealed ...

Comment

Another jolly, random YouTube event. Love the hair me old pal.

Dude needs to get a fro.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                Timestamp checks out.
                                Would I ever disappoint you all??!?!?!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X