Share dealing - anyone do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share dealing - anyone do it?

Anyone do it in real life or a fantasy share trading game?

I haven't since about 1993, after seeing a couple of shows on it recently, one based on the amount of people/clubs doing it online at home will for sure have a go on a fantasy share dealing site soon.

May even start up a group for here if there is any interest (it's all free) and Charles doesn't mind.

I saw a bit of a show about it by accident while I was trying to set up the TV so that in-laws could watch it (I don't normally have the Sky box plugged in and available on the logitech remote). Not entirely sure it was for real. This guy was going on about making ?1k a day. But he was working in a tiny loft in a tiny house. Maybe he couldn't think of what to spend it on. However, assuming they were all real, the common theme was that they all had done a lot of education/training and reading and got a lot wrong along the way.

Comment

It's something I've always been interested in looking into & learning the ropes, but due to finances that's as far as the dream has ever got! You may have just inspired me to get a beginners guide from Amazon however.

Comment

This two part BBC show on the other week is worth a watch, focuses on people doing it from home etc and is probably what Charles caught a bit of.

Two-part documentary exploring the fiercely competitive world of financial traders.

This three part show from a few years back is good viewing too, they took 8 people gave them fifty grand each or similar and saw how they got on over about an eight week period.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I have shares in a couple of companies, It can get a bit obsessive tracking how they're performing. I did have shares in a third but cashed out at a decent time.

Comment

Working...
          X