No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This arrived today a cheap & cheerful kit.

Only found out about these recently but theres a line of plamo kits that go under the figure rise mechanics range that allow you to see the inner workings. When i saw Doraemon i definitely needed him, the plain kit assembled is pretty nice in itself but all that detail is just begging for panel lining so i'm gonna have a lot of fun with it. I love how he comes with both a standard blue shell as well as a clear blue so you can still see his insides.

Found this pic online of someone who has gone all out with the additional detailing, goes to show that with a tiny bit of extra paint work & these kits look amazing. Not sure mine will look as good as this but i'm having a go.

Comment

That is crazy cute!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        That is crazy cute!
        Yeah it's a really nice kit, usually with plamo type kits they come with stickers that you use instead of painting and they always look crap as they wrinkle and lift up. This kit has been made in such a way that it requires no stickers or painting just to make the basic kit, however the more detail you put in the more fancy it starts looking waay more than it's £10 price tag would suggest.

At some point i want his time machine as well, the related kits are all designed to work together this one has additional parts to allow you to sit him down in the time machine. Theres also one of him in his orignal form before he turned blue & lost his ears.

Comment

I love the little details like his extendable arms.

Comment

Man that was a fun kit to build, loved panel lining the crap out of everything, looks a million times better than plain plastic. Painted in some of the details slike screws and details over his heart as well as the internal mouth.

Comment

I may have to get him

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                Ah fantastic, thanks for the link.
                No problems dude

Neil

Comment

Where we get the robot cat?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Where we get the robot cat?
                    I picked mine up from Amazon Japan, however you'd need a forwarding company to buy from there. You can also find them on ebay if you search on figure rise mechanics doraemon but they tend to be pretty expensive on ebay amost double the retail cost. You can also buy from amiami and they ship internationally but they dont have all of them in stock but they do have the one i built still in

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      I picked mine up from Amazon Japan, however you'd need a forwarding company to buy from there. You can also find them on ebay if you search on figure rise mechanics doraemon but they tend to be pretty expensive on ebay amost double the retail cost. You can also buy from amiami and they ship internationally but they dont have all of them in stock but they do have the one i built still in
                      https://www.amiami.com/eng/search/li...se%20mechanics
                      eeee there is all kinds

Comment

I was in WH Smith’s today and noticed this magazine for sale.

Had a quick flick thru’, and it looked interesting. It’s also the 1st issue, so I showed my support with its purchase.

Comment

1st issue and no figure on the front!

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            AWESOME!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the pics

Founded ma zoids! I think there are a few dismantled in the bottom too!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post

Founded ma zoids! I think there are a few dismantled in the bottom too!

Wow dude that is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

Wow dude that is amazing
                                How you like those likings??!

Comment

Working...
                                X