No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adults or kids? Looking online I can only see a kids Gundam Wing one only in ages 5-6

Comment

Had a buys couple of weeks on the goodies front

First up a new Nendoroid to continue my Bleach collection in the form of Toushiro Hitsugaya

Then my first new Transformers arrival since Christmas & it's a 3rd party release from Fans Hobby of the late '88 Mini Headmaster Minerva but lovingly renamed as Athena

But by far the biggest arrival for me was this weeks mega get...Hot Toys Deluxe Captain Marvel & she's freaking fantastic

And why is she deluxe I hear you cry...well my dear friends it's because she comes with Extra effect parts & her flight jacket that don't come with the standard release

BUUUUT even better yet she comes with a scale version of Goose the cat too

So yeah a few little goodies recently

Neil

Comment

New arrival today
        Another Hot Toys arrival this time it's the mad Titan & he's enormous!!!

And just to show how utterly ridiculous he is here's a terrible shot of him with Hot Toys Captain Marvel & Thor

Totally bonkers & so glad I have him

Neil

Comment

I get why they did this but it hasn't worked out very well

Comment

And also quietly sneaking out:

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              I get why they did this but it hasn't worked out very well

real swing and a miss nobody wants a jet that looks like a pebble-dashed toilet, a closer look shows how thin it all is too with massive exposed screw holes, empty arm cavity's and a real lack of detail in the robot mode.

looks like something you would find in the isle of B&M with the words TransRobot plastered al over the box.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 17-08-2020, 13:50.

Comment

Yay Doraemon stuff turned up today.

just now need to move out some of my figures in there to make room for it all.

Also my talking interactive Doraemon arrived as well, he tales a few minues to set up as he bombards you with loads of questions about date and time as well as what time you wake up and go to bed as well as your birthday. Just let me play with you damn it lol. There are a LOT of cards and they are double sided they are used to program him it's a very simple programming language where you can string together triggers & actions to make a program. on the other side are the secret tool cards that you use in the quiz mode. Doraemon will describe the properties of a particular tool and you have to select the correct card and scan it into his pocket. I know a lot of Doraemons tools but having to do it from descriptions by ear is pretty tough seems the pocket is not NFC but there's a camera that scans the ink dots on the cards to know which has been inserted, they are pretty fragile as they are thin card. Personally would have made them from plastic as kids are gonna destroy them and once they are wrecked you can't do a lot of the functions, there are buttons on the back of his collar for selecting stuff but you lose a lot of functionality if you lose or wreck the cards, may have to get a binder for them to keep them safe. I do like that when the power is off his eyes are black making them not look out of place.

About the same size as my older robot but that one used Epaper displays for his eyes not just backlit LCD.

Comment

Put up the diorama scenery for Nobita's room but too tired to mess about too much this evening put a lot of the rement extra bits in there but i seem to have lost a load i have no idea where the remainder of the other set went i'm hoping i didnt throw them away with the empty boxes. Can't wait to have some time to make some fun scenes up.

Comment

And the time machine is set up too, wish the time lamp glowed as it would look amazing but theres another plamo kit that i might be able to do that with.

Comment

Trying to curtail my figure purchases, but couldn’t resist the colour of this bad boy.

Comment

I've always been tempted by figures like that. How big is it?

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          I've always been tempted by figures like that. How big is it?

He’s about 7” in height, perhaps a bit less.

I recently bought my first HG Gundam kit, b_k!

Apparently some consider it to be crazy looking, but as soon as I saw it, I snapped it up.

I’ll put some up pictures in a day or so, to get your expert opinion!

Comment

This conversation reminds of Wayne's World interviewing Aerosmith "live".
                            Skip to 6:11.

Comment

Got a Real Grade Sazabi. It's a Real Grade, so it's not that big...then I get home and I see AmiAmi used one of their larger boxes...

Around 60% of a Master Grade Sazabi ver. Ka. That's the weekend booked.

Comment

And me!, and me!

Saw this, and despite people saying it’s one ugly thing, I think it’s that crazy it’s fantastic!

This is going in my ‘retirement pile’. I’ll probably be too busy gardening or playing crown green bowling to make it, but that’s beside the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X