No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so funny that you've clearly fallen down a Transformers rabbit hole today!

Definitely thinking of buying some tat on Black Friday.

Comment

I remember that issue well.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        It's so funny that you've clearly fallen down a Transformers rabbit hole today!

Definitely thinking of buying some tat on Black Friday.
        The best toys ever...but see my Zoids thread too!

More powerful than Grimlock

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          I remember that issue well.
          Ended up buying Sunstreaker, IIRC?

Got some sweet pixelart inspiration from it, though, eh?

Comment

Received the Earthrise versions of Megatron, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker and Bluestreak in the post last week. Yes! Sunstreaker looks better in the plastic than online photos depict.

Comment

Earthrise and Siege lines = genius

Jetfire/Skyfire is an amazing recreation of the cartoon likeness = fantastic

Hound is also a great figure...really well done.

Last edited by CAPCOM; 26-11-2020, 13:50.

Comment

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]

The TF Simon Furman Comics were unbelievably good. I have a signed poster by one of the artists at Marvel UK from a convention that drew on the comic series. The Dreamwave art was brilliant but IDW have done wonders narratively. All Hail Megatron is on par with Frank Miller'sThe Dark Knight

"The Transformers: All Hail Megatron was the second major "act" of IDW Publishing's first ongoing comic universe, intended to serve as a "soft reboot" of IDW's increasingly complicated storylines and create a jumping-on point for new readers following the truncated ending of the previous collection of mini-series and one-shots. It marked a radical shift in tone and content in the ongoing story, showing a victorious Decepticon army on Earth while the Autobots are defeated and on the run throughout the universe.

Lasting from 2008 to 2009, the series ran for sixteen issues (including four "Coda" issues of short stories), with a small handful of vaguely-associated Spotlight-series tie-ins. A standalone sketchbook and preview comic, "Focus on: Decepticons!", may be considered "All Hail Megatron #0".

The first advertisement for the series was simply a red Decepticon symbol on a black background with "Swear Allegiance 2008" written in red. Follow-up ads used the visual style of post-revolutionary Communist propaganda. The first details of the series were revealed on the trashy Australian tabloid current affairs programme Today Tonight on January 16, 2008."

Comment

That's right. I got Masterpiece Sunstreaker and Sideswipe and I absolutely adore them. Yeah, the yellow Sunstreaker Countach has featured in quite a few of my pieces. Every now and again, I go browsing for more Masterpiece Transformers but there doesn't seem to be many available at the moment, at least not without spending crazy money. There is a really nice black and white police version of Sunstreaker, but I'd have a hard time justifying buying a recolour. Kind of gutted I didn't go for Tracks and Prowl when they were available.
                    [MENTION=16860]CAPCOM[/MENTION] - yeah, I loved that run back in the day. So many great stories. I also loved that they looked like the toys in the early issues.

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]

Masterpiece Tracks is where its at...I have him...

More partial to Sideswipe and Wheeljack too...although Sunstreaker is ace!

Last edited by CAPCOM; 26-11-2020, 14:08.

Comment

That was your cue to post some art, Dogg!

Comment

That was your cue to post some art, Dogg!
                          Oh go on then. Just two:

Comment

Amazing.

I'm so jealous of your talent.

Comment

Actually, where is the best place to get Masterpiece Transformers these days? Still Kapow? I feel like I asked this very recently.

Comment

Loads of places, but @Soundwave is the best man to ask about where to buy Transformers. Makes sense when you think about his name.

Kapow
                                Omegalock (UK so no import roulette)
                                https://ohmyprimus.com/ (mix of KO stuff though)
                                Show.Z Store -Your TF Database

If you're going to use Ali Express, it's worth adding the AliUp Chrome extension that shows how reliable a store is: https://aliup.info/en/

Masterpiece stuff looks ace and if you have a specific collection, especially in a display cabinet, it can look great. I think too many collectors get everything and it's just a scruffy shelf of stuff that's a nightmare to dust.

I think this:

looks better than this:

Something I'm considering is sticking to Legends scale, which still look amazing, but are a fraction of the price and take up a lot less shelf space.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 26-11-2020, 14:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X