Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bad Toystore as well

Best news sites still Seibertron (going since 1990s) and TFW2005.

https://www.seibertron.com/ and https://news.tfw2005.com/

Last edited by CAPCOM; 26-11-2020, 14:56.

Comment

Cool, thanks guys!

Comment

The back box art was incredible...and really sold the toys...

Comment

Hidden Devestator Art

Comment

This guy next - Astrotrain

Comment

Oh man, I always wanted the triple changers as a kid. To me, they were like magic. I know they didn’t quite look fantastic in reality but being able to transform into three forms? Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Actually, where is the best place to get Masterpiece Transformers these days? Still Kapow? I feel like I asked this very recently.
                Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Loads of places, but @Soundwave is the best man to ask about where to buy Transformers. Makes sense when you think about his name.

Kapow
                Omegalock (UK so no import roulette)
                https://ohmyprimus.com/ (mix of KO stuff though)
                Show.Z Store -Your TF Database

If you're going to use Ali Express, it's worth adding the AliUp Chrome extension that shows how reliable a store is: https://aliup.info/en/

Masterpiece stuff looks ace and if you have a specific collection, especially in a display cabinet, it can look great. I think too many collectors get everything and it's just a scruffy shelf of stuff that's a nightmare to dust.

I think this:

looks better than this:

Something I'm considering is sticking to Legends scale, which still look amazing, but are a fraction of the price and take up a lot less shelf space.

Sorry it's a late reply guys, I don't get much time on here these days...Site is firewalled at work & I HATE doing forum shiz on my phone so only time I get here now is if I actually bother to fire up the laptop lol.

Oh dear lets not get me started on Transformers shall we...it won't be pretty...or fun for anyone trying to read the thread afterwards lol

As [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] said, the main go to for Import TF these days are Kapow Toys & TFS Express

TFS deal mostly in the 3rd Party & Masterpiece stuff.

If you want the Hasbro domestic stuff then also consider -

In Demand Toys
                Comic & Cocktails
                Forbidden Planet
                Smyths
                Entertainer
                Star Action Figures

I won't lie I've been away from the Transformers collecting for a bit & focusing on other stuff.
                The prices for official Masterpiece have gotten into territory that makes them too expensive for me...Car Bots for example on the wrong side of £100 when we used to get them for sub £60.

If I get any I look at 3rd Party now & I'm at a point where I only want a few now & the 3rd parties will have me nicely covered when they do show.

My last actual Transformer purchase was the 3rd party version of the the mini Headmaster Minerva -

Their next release that has been teased is another mini headmaster in Nightbeat & I'll be all over that one too

Other than that I'm still looking to finish off my Masterpiece Stunticons & looking out for Fans Toys getting their Scourge released to go with my Cyclonus & Galvatron
                Some of the '84 cast still need a representation...especially Trailbreaker, keep missing out on him when X-Transbots re-release him
                Still plenty to buy but I will admit I have fallen a little out of love of collecting them.

Neil

Comment

There are some good retailers for pre-orders that are based in the uk, https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/ has seen me right with loads of the siege line including getting me the really hard to find Earthrise seakers two pack. ive used kapow loads too https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformers-types.html also uk based.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 27-11-2020, 10:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Oh man, I always wanted the triple changers as a kid. To me, they were like magic. I know they didn’t quite look fantastic in reality but being able to transform into three forms? Amazing.
                    Oh man, you should see FansToys Thomas (Astrotain).
                    Not only has it got an amazing robot mode, with and without the chestplate (toy Vs. cartoon accuracy) but it also has two convincing alt. modes! It even has a bit of train track that changes to a stand for the shuttle mode.
                    Seriously, it's a real feat of engineering.

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                    Sorry it's a late reply guys, I don't get much time on here these days...Site is firewalled at work & I HATE doing forum shiz on my phone so only time I get here now is if I actually bother to fire up the laptop lol.

Oh dear lets not get me started on Transformers shall we...it won't be pretty...or fun for anyone trying to read the thread afterwards lol

As @QualityChimp said, the main go to for Import TF these days are Kapow Toys & TFS Express

TFS deal mostly in the 3rd Party & Masterpiece stuff.

If you want the Hasbro domestic stuff then also consider -

In Demand Toys
                    Comic & Cocktails
                    Forbidden Planet
                    Smyths
                    Entertainer
                    Star Action Figures

I won't lie I've been away from the Transformers collecting for a bit & focusing on other stuff.
                    The prices for official Masterpiece have gotten into territory that makes them too expensive for me...Car Bots for example on the wrong side of £100 when we used to get them for sub £60.

If I get any I look at 3rd Party now & I'm at a point where I only want a few now & the 3rd parties will have me nicely covered when they do show.

My last actual Transformer purchase was the 3rd party version of the the mini Headmaster Minerva -

Their next release that has been teased is another mini headmaster in Nightbeat & I'll be all over that one too

Other than that I'm still looking to finish off my Masterpiece Stunticons & looking out for Fans Toys getting their Scourge released to go with my Cyclonus & Galvatron
                    Some of the '84 cast still need a representation...especially Trailbreaker, keep missing out on him when X-Transbots re-release him
                    Still plenty to buy but I will admit I have fallen a little out of love of collecting them.

Neil
                    Always nice to hear from you anyway, mate.

I'll agree that price has become a major barrier and I'm finding harder and harder to justify the rising prices.
                    That V3. of Prime was about £300+

Hence the shift to 3rd party and Legends Scale.

Current plan is to get all the different types of Countach, maybe an MP scale Prime, then maybe the Ark crew in Legends scale. I think it's best to have a scheme and focus on that.

I'm pretty fussy, though, which means I've only got 3 figures so far!
                    I like G1 with decent bot modes (chunky boi not kibble mess) and a realistic alt. mode.
                    It's why I've never been a fan of the stuff that doesn't fit the "Robots in Disguise" mantra.
                    I get that the livery on some of the sports cars are very specific, but a futuristic truck with cannons or giant planet are a lot more conspicuous if you saw them on the high street.

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    There are some good retailers for pre-orders that are based in the uk, https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/ has seen me right with loads of the siege line including getting me the really hard to find Earthrise seakers two pack.ive used kapow loads too https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformers-types.html also uk based.
                    Ah yes, I forgot about In Demand Toys, cheers.
                    I've just ordered that Ghostbusters Ecto-1 reissue from them, as well as a Marvel Legends Doctor Doom Classic

I ordered the Back to the Future Gigawatt from The Entertainer because I like them as a company.

These are the first figures I've ordered in over a year.

Comment

The Third party Transformers like fans toys stuff are now superior to the Hasbro stuff in many ways IMO.

Astrotrain is also Voyager class like Skyfire I think who goes for ridiculous money already. I want him

I had all three of the Autobot Triple Changers Springer (Should have held the MATRIX) I've got better things to do tonight than die! - Sandstorm and Broadside...from Generation One

Broadside was released on the Titans Return line recently...

Have these Generations figures of Springer and Sandstorm as well

Posting this while listening to TFTM soundtrack on Spotify... Dare and Autobot/Decepticon Battle are still gob smackingly good 35 years later although songs are out of order to the narrative....

I have these guys as Generation One, plan is next Gestalt = Terrocons
                      Last edited by CAPCOM; 27-11-2020, 11:09.

Comment

This Gestalt was my favourite, my brother got the Menasor Gift Set the previous year, these sets were really hard to find in UK during Generation One

I want the original Superion, Technobots and Constructicons ones as reproductions from China

Last edited by CAPCOM; 27-11-2020, 11:17.

Comment

The X-Transbots Menasor is looking great with excellent bot and alt modes, but I think the trailer does a lot of the heavy lifting in the combined mode, with the cars just clipping on:

As opposed to the Ocular Max version of Bruticus (Assaultus) which doesn't need any extra feet or hands, they're in the component bots. They also have amazing bot and alt modes.
                          The downside is, it's about $550 for the lot. :O

Comment

Those look great! Really capture animated form....

This guy looks amazing

Last edited by CAPCOM; 27-11-2020, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              There are some good retailers for pre-orders that are based in the uk, https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/ has seen me right with loads of the siege line including getting me the really hard to find Earthrise seakers two pack. ive used kapow loads too https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/transformers-types.html also uk based.
                              I’d say from experience over the years, In Demand Toys beats Kapow in terms of customer service. Star Action Figures http://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/ also comes highly recommended.
                              Last edited by Protocol Penguin; 27-11-2020, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                                Earthrise and Siege lines = genius

Jetfire/Skyfire is an amazing recreation of the cartoon likeness = fantastic

I have that same Jetfire on my desk right now. Bit pricey, but superb. The armoured robot mode is great as well, and probably about as close to the original Bandai/Robotech design as Hasbro are ever going to get close to.

Comment

Working...
                                X