User Tag List

Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 616970717273 ... LastLast
    I was watching this video of a combiner TF that has Optimus and Jetfire in the mix.

It looks top heavy though, so it got me wondering, what's the best Devastator figure?
    Am I right in thinking there are some figures coming out that are combiners but with just three robots?
    @Soundwave, any ideas?

My masterpiece Sideswipe and Sunstreaker arrived today. The boxes are pretty. Haven't opened them yet. Will probably wait and do that at home.

After everyone else has gone to bed so they can't watch you with judging eyes or asking "and how much were they?!"

Thankfully the boxes are pretty small. Small = very affordable.

Well my first experience with Masterpiece Transformers has been: terrifying. These things look amazing but the transformations are insane, especially Sunstreaker. I was expecting to break pretty much the entire time. Lots of the stages require you to yank or shove pieces quite hard to get them to the right place but what if you’re yanking or shoving the wrong part?! The instructions are in Japanese and I kept wondering if it was pointing to a bit so I’d pull it but the text might read “don’t touch this” for all I know.

Anyway, got them transformed. Sunstreaker is particularly special and shows up Sideswipe a little but they’re both great. I’ll stick up a couple of photos tomorrow but I’m posting from my iPad now. They both look amazing in car form too. However, both have tiny paint chips or defects and the one on Sunstreaker is on the knee and it will haunt me forever. And even if they had no paint defects, I suspect a few transformations would take care of that. Still, even with those they look pretty amazing. So far beyond even my rose-tinted nostalgia memories of the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I was watching this video of a combiner TF that has Optimus and Jetfire in the mix.

It looks top heavy though, so it got me wondering, what's the best Devastator figure?
    Am I right in thinking there are some figures coming out that are combiners but with just three robots?
    @Soundwave, any ideas?
    The 3 robot Combiner is a 3rd party offering called Trinity Force (Road Ceaser) from TFC Toys
    He looks good but VERY mixed reviews on the quality

As for Devastator you have 2 options.
    The cheaper option is the Hasbro/Takara Combiner Wars/Unite Wars version
    The Takara Unite Wars one is better as the paint apps are better but either would be good & around 150-200 much better than option 2

Toyworld Constructor...he is an absolute beast but clocks in at around $500 for the full set of 6 figures but damn if he doesn't cut an impressive figure & he scales just as a combiner should with the MP line...

Here's pics of them all

Toy World Constructor (yes that is Masterpiece MP-10 Prime standing next to him!! )

Hasbro Combiner Wars (those are the actual Masterpiece Decepticons there too so he does scale well enough to consider for his reasonable cost)

Takara Unite Wars

And here's a guide to the difference's between the 2 versions & which is better

Hope that helps buddy

Neil

Thanks, @Soundwave. I knew you'd come up trumps!
    I'm not spending $500 dollars, though!

What's the score with the NBK one? What's the general opinion of that?

Oh, @Dogg Thang, they're so great.

I love how it's the same car, but they transform differently.

So tempted...

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Thanks, @Soundwave. I knew you'd come up trumps!
    I'm not spending $500 dollars, though!

What's the score with the NBK one? What's the general opinion of that?

Oh, @Dogg Thang, they're so great.

I love how it's the same car, but they transform differently.

So tempted...
    No worries buddy
    Lol no me either
    Was Ebaying the Hasbro one earlier & that is getting on for around 300 now as well

Hmmm can't say I really like that one
    The Torso looks really off & the face is pretty poor too

Neil